Transmission came down....

Freddie's Buick

Hell No! I'm not a junior
Transmission came down....and up went TCI's "Saturday Night Special" 242400 torque converter. I ran it around the block a bit but I'm too tired to continue.

No leaks and alls well. Tomorro I'll see what the benefits are. I can't tell with the TC. But the header/duel exhaust definatey showed results. T/C Testing will go on...... :cool:

THM-350C.....the new converter is good for about 300-500 more stall. Car Feels heavier, crisp shifts on all three speeds. At start up cranking sounds like a ford pick-up truck, (V-8) :D .

Light improvement on performance. Car now blows away when second kicks in. But no burn out on launch.

Still......I'm very happy with it. :)

Next, painless electric cooling fan and fuel pump/filter upgrade.

Late November......Edelbrock intake, (better low end torque than OEM 4.1 intake).

I'm almost done emptying out my shed of all the upgrades I've bought since early this year. :)

Come 2004, paint.....and the beast is.....well almost done! :eek:

freddie,you'll like the edelbrock intake.i had mine on for about 4 months now and it's great.originally i had the 4.1 intake then i put on holleys dominator intake and then the edelbrock.and its definitely better then the first 2.the only bad thing is the price.i paid close to 200 dollars for mine,but it was well worth it.:D

What's up Mark,

I did a some Desktop Dyno runs and the duel plane Edelbrock faired better than the 4.1 or Weiand at the low end torque range. Let's face it.....the street calls for low end.

One does better at the racetrack with a high end RPM single plane design like the 4.1 or a Weiand.

My Edelbrock cost me $170.00. Too bad for those emissions state vehicles since the Edelbrock comes with no EGR.

Mark, what was your first noticable differance with the Edelbrock? :cool:

basically its what you were saying earlier,with the holley its a single plane intake and mostly for hi end torque.with the edelbrock it gives you that low end torque.these motors are low rpm motors to begin with so it made sense to go with the edelbrock.as for the difference the edelbrock from a dead stop when i get on it, it pulls harder off the start.heck when i get on it, and it hits second gear it snaps me back into the seat.even my friends that ride with me are impressed at how much power i got out of a v6 motor.:p