Transmission Fluid from breather tube = free rustproofing for undercarriage

1KWIKSIX

I've got an Extreme Automatics Stage II and have installed a 700r4 bottom feeder filter & Hughes Deep Aluminum Pan which increases fluid capacity by approximately 2 Quarts. I am running Dex VI fluid.

After driving the car, I notice evidence of droplets of tranny fluid out of the breather tube and more droplets on transmission cross member, plus a light coating on the undercarriage. Not a lot of fluid is being sprayed, but I do find it irritating. Guess it's fine mist coming out and the effect of the wind blowing across the undercarriage at speed helps to disperse / spread the oil coating over the entire area.
Saw a post recently (but cannot find it now) where an individual stated that he was told to that it was a well known fact to run 1 quart low when using deep transmission pans?

Can anyone confirm or elaborate for me please.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

I wouldn't rec running it low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same trans as you. I also have a deep pan with 700r4 filter setup.

I actually run mine higher on the stick at the S bends as per Lonnie's instructions and have had no problems in the past three years.

Are you sure it's coming from the vent and not from another area??

You might want to call him and get his input for your situation.

Like Brian said above, don't run it low. Maintain the level on the stick in the safe zone at a bare minimum.

I used to get this after a hard accel pass. I put a catch can on that line and problem solved. At the end of a summer I get drops out of it. I make my own and can send you a pic Dave

I used to get this after a hard accel pass. I put a catch can on that line and problem solved. At the end of a summer I get drops out of it. I make my own and can send you a pic Dave

That would be great Kevin.
Thanks
PM sent