Tropical Storm Fay. Before and After.

Looks like you have alot of clean up to do. We just came back from Florida on the 9th, we were in Panama City for two weeks. This is the fourth year in a row that we have managed to dodge the tropical storms down there. My wife wants to move down there around Destin, Greyton Beach, Port St Joe.

How much for the SS ?

I sold my 69 SS in 1988 :(

Bryan

Looks like you have alot of clean up to do. We just came back from Florida on the 9th, we were in Panama City for two weeks. This is the fourth year in a row that we have managed to dodge the tropical storms down there. My wife wants to move down there around Destin, Greyton Beach, Port St Joe.

How much for the SS ?

I sold my 69 SS in 1988 :(

Bryan

Florida is great. I'm born and raised here..jus kinda done with it. Headn to the mountains. :D

69 has a built 1970 402 in it now. $25k. $30k with the 67 L88 842 Aluminum heads and Super case Auto Gear M22.

Hey.

I live in Asheville, my wife and I are natives. I think you will like it here. We have pretty mild seasons around here. The only problem we are having right now is a major drought.

Back in 1993 we had a blizzard that dumped around 3 ft of snow on us which shut everything down for about a week. In 2004 we had 2 major floods from hurricane remnants. We are not immune from weather disasters but they are usually few and far between. (Nothing like what you are use to)

We love living here and if you ever get the urge to go to the beach, their are several you can get to in few short hours.

So get that place cleaned up and sold and give us a shout when you get up here and we will show around.

Billy

Hey.

I live in Asheville, my wife and I are natives. I think you will like it here. We have pretty mild seasons around here. The only problem we are having right now is a major drought.

Back in 1993 we had a blizzard that dumped around 3 ft of snow on us which shut everything down for about a week. In 2004 we had 2 major floods from hurricane remnants. We are not immune from weather disasters but they are usually few and far between. (Nothing like what you are use to)

We love living here and if you ever get the urge to go to the beach, their are several you can get to in few short hours.

So get that place cleaned up and sold and give us a shout when you get up here and we will show around.

Billy

Hey Billy, I love Asheville too. I had a cabin in Murphy and sold it a few years back and have always wanted to get back up there.

Been to the Biltmore a few times and really would like to spend 6+ months a year up there. I was gonna move to Denver/Breckenridge so I could snowboard more, but thats just too far away if I keep property here in Fla.

As soon as I get situated and find a place I'll look you up. We can take the GN's out and you can give me a tour. :cool:

Hey Billy, I love Asheville too. I had a cabin in Murphy and sold it a few years back and have always wanted to get back up there.

Been to the Biltmore a few times and really would like to spend 6+ months a year up there. I was gonna move to Denver/Breckenridge so I could snowboard more, but thats just too far away if I keep property here in Fla.

As soon as I get situated and find a place I'll look you up. We can take the GN's out and you can give me a tour. :cool:

You move up here and we will only be 4 hrs apart:biggrin:

Don't get in too big of a hurry to clean up. Gustav is on its way and should be here by the weekend.

I have some pretty bad pictures of my place after Wilma. Nothing like having 50' of powerline in your pool. If you think your pool looks bad, you could have walked across water in my pool it was so full of leaves and branches. My carport collapsed on my GN, and my fence just about took out my brothers ragtop SS/z28. We went out and knocked the fence over mid storm so that it wouldn't smack off of the car for several hours. It was blowing about 2' back and forth and was only inches from starting to whack the side of the car.

Don't get in too big of a hurry to clean up. Gustav is on its way and should be here by the weekend.

I have some pretty bad pictures of my place after Wilma. Nothing like having 50' of powerline in your pool. If you think your pool looks bad, you could have walked across water in my pool it was so full of leaves and branches. My carport collapsed on my GN, and my fence just about took out my brothers ragtop SS/z28. We went out and knocked the fence over mid storm so that it wouldn't smack off of the car for several hours. It was blowing about 2' back and forth and was only inches from starting to whack the side of the car.

All the more reason to head to the mountains. :biggrin:

4 days and 72 35 gallon bags later...

luckily I found a guy that did most of the clean up. Man that dude could rake! :D :cool:

Attachments

• Resize of Resize of IMGP2838.JPG
    Resize of Resize of IMGP2838.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 80