You can type here any text you want

Trouble setting cam sensor position... 86 GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PaulRV6

I installed the sensor in the proper orientation with the damper set at 25 deg ATDC on cyl #1 compression stroke. I am using a pigtail I made up to connect terminal B to my voltmeter and ground. When I turn the key on the voltage reads 6.9 v so I rotate the sensor CW until the voltage goes to zero, then rotate it back CCW until it reads 7v and lock it in. Now I go to start the engine and it doesn't start. So if I rotate the sensor CW about 1/4 turn it starts. I don't understand. I have installed these many times years ago using the same method and never seem to have had a problem. Thanks

paul

I just went through this rotate it ccw till it drops voltage then cw till it just starts to show voltage . You r adjusting to the wrong side of the window .

I have seen this before with off brand modules. Don't let it drive you crazy. Set it where the car starts and runs good and call it a day.

Back