Trouble with ANS

Oh well. So much for taking care of getting my parts back to me. I'm still out the door handle, the cowl panel, an undamaged taillight bezel, & $30 for the shipping fees. Thanks, for nothing.

From what I remember, venders horse trade and make deals all the time that the avg person has no idea about. This shouldn't be looked at like a regular customer transaction.

I would guess that pete is burnt out from what I like to call the "High Maintenance" customers. :eek:

I had no problem sending him the parts before I got the $$ (the way I've done business with lots of vendors/customers/& friends over the years), but I had no idea I would have to wait so long to get paid for the parts. Oops, I meant to say "have to wait so long to get the parts back because they were never paid for, be out my time and the UPS shipping, handling, & insurance fees, as well as not get several parts back". The details of this transaction were also posted by me earlier, so it's easy to see what went wrong.

Yet another comment!

As white sox announcer Hawk Harrelson would say "MERCY". I cant believe I read all the way thru this thread ;) That was as bad as listening to my wife bitch about all my cars. Smile everybody it could be worse....Yes u could be married tomy old lady!

Brer Rabbit said:
As white sox announcer Hawk Harrelson would say "MERCY". I cant believe I read all the way thru this thread ;) That was as bad as listening to my wife bitch about all my cars. Smile everybody it could be worse....Yes u could be married tomy old lady!

Better hope she doesn't read this thread. :eek: :D

Mike, Talk about calling the kettle black. :confused: :confused:

Just read this and it mirrors a situation that you and I were in a few years ago, remember????? I sent you a bunch of parts that we agreed upon price, I sent them to you promptly as promised and it took a ton of emails over a few months asking you to pay me for them. I kept my mouth shut and never went public to embarrass you, just gave you the benefit of the doubt.

I just dug up the old emails between you and I regarding this whole fiasco when you did not send payment as promised. I asked you to send me the $$$ or the parts back and all I got, when you did respond was excuses. You could not send me all the parts back because you had already turned around and sold them, yet you could not produce payment to me for the parts.

You finally did send a few of the parts back. I too was out shipping $$$ from you and never did get the full payment we agreed upon. I’ve always been a man of my word. Guess some folks fail in that area sometimes.

What a shame.

I've been dealing with Pete since 1987 and never had a problem. Sold him many quality things and was always paid promptly.

Joe

Actually no, I do not remember. If I ever got anything from you, you were paid for it. If you were out $$ for something, you never said anything to me about it. At least all the times I've seen you at BG, you never said anything to me about paying you for parts. You're not embarassing me by replying to this thread either.

Maybe I should get out of this line of work by selling all my parts to another vendor & then continue to sell more used parts after I've told that vendor I will no longer be competing for the same $$$/business he is! Wasn't it you that told me years ago you didn't mind if your parts cars didn't have titles or that you didn't ask questions when you bought TR's without VIN plates/proper identification? Maybe that was someone else from Chicago.

So much for the Pete situation. You live & learn (again & again) I guess. Thanks.

No Mike, that was NOT me that stated that about VIN numbers, might want to get your facts straight and withdraw that comment as you are subject to lible.

NEVER bought a car without a title or VIN plate. Produce your source for this misinformation you are spirting off. I was the one that was adament about "legal" cars. In fact I did at one time purchase a "reVINed" turbo Buick unknowing to me and immeditaly called the Dupage County States Attorney Auto Theft Task force for investigation into the matter. We found the original owner. Your welcome to call the States Attorney for proof on this.

I was always a registered "auto recycler" in the State of Illinois. Come check my green book.

Sorry you don't remember the situation, I will post our emails to refresh your memory when I return to my office.

Joe

The fact is, I can't verify you said that & you can't verify you didn't. I do know what you told me while standing at your booth in BG one year. No sweat though as you no longer sell TR used parts & my lack of involvement in the same field shows I very rarely deal with them. Saving emails from years ago & never saying anything to me about owing you $$ is strange though. Wow, I wish now I would have saved all my emails too!

Post what you want, say what you want, & do whatever. The world's still gonna turn & life goes on.

Mike,

In reguard to saving emails, its not a big deal. I've archieved my emails since about 1996 or so.

I will give you a call now to discuss this matter. If I can't get ahold of you, please call me at 630-707-0200

I will forward to you all the emails between us regarding this situation from 10-25-2001 through 3-4-2002

Here are a few email coorespondance reguarding our situation to refresh your memory.

NOTE: Best to read from the bottom Up

X-Sent: 21 Dec 2001 10:23:49 GMT
To: "Joe Harrington" <joeh@hbscomputers.com>
Subject: Re: GN Parts / balance due
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 05:31:45 -0800
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2615.200

Hi Joe. Those dash plaques are the same ones as I only cut the tape to look at them when I got them. All of mine are still in several different dashes. I may not sell at the Nats. It just depends on how I'm doing closer to time for it. I'll try to figure something out soon. Thanks.

m.m.

----- Original Message -----
To: Carolyn Mccoy
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 6:56 PM

Mike,

Got the Check for $200.00 and the dash plaques today, However, I don't think they are the same ones I sent. Oh well. If you could be kind enough to send back the same spoiler I sent to you I'd appreciate it. Preferably the one with the end pieces attached to the 1/4 extensions.

Get my email on the Nats?

Thanks Buddy

Joe

At 07:40 AM 12/20/01 -0800, you wrote:

I'll just send the spoiler back to you Joe. Thanks.

m.m.

Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 3:44 PM

Mike,

Why not just send me back a 5 piece spoiler and then you would owe me nothing. (assuming you already sent back the dash plaques and a check for $200.00. I'd rather just get that back and we'll call it even.

I don't like to go to bed owing anyone any money. This will clearly help your situation.

BTW, from the list of people you sent, there are several of the items I don't have available and like I said before, many of them have already contacted me. They probably emailed Bweevy too.

Thanks for the referrals

Joe

At 06:19 PM 12/18/01 -0800, you wrote:

As for a time frame Joe, I couldn't tell you when to expect it. I hate to say that, but I owe lots of other folks/companies also. Your's is the only parts related balance that I owe, but the medical & everyday bills are what's killing me. I guess the spoilers will be $150. I know you and I can get almost twice that much for them, so maybe you can pad my pocket a tad for sending you some good referrals!! Oh, look for Jason Mizell to contact you in regards to a fixed mast antenna assembly for a TR. I've got a few masts, but none of the mounting bases unfortunately. Thanks buddy.

m.m.

Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 8:55 AM

Fine, send me the additional $150.00 and were even. I just want to get this over with. I'm sorry I caused you all these problems.

I went over the list of folks you sent me and some of them had already contacted my a little while ago. In fact this Adam lavine below called me 5 times and his money is already on the way to me for a sway bar and a few other things (not the sun visors though)

If someone wants a trunk spoilers, how much are you going to sell them to me for?

What kind of time frame should I expect the balance of $150.00

Thanks

Joe

At 08:03 AM 12/18/01 -0800, you wrote:

Here's you another one. Adam XXXXXX needs a front sway bar and some sunvisors. The chime module's address is:
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Unfortunately, the 3 dash plaques & a $200 cashier's check are already on the way. I see where the 2 spoilers & the 2 turbo shields equated to $350. Weren't the 2 dash plaques $50 each? That would leave us with $450, minus the $200 and the $100 pair of dash plaques, and would end up as me oweing you $150? Do your best to make us some sales off all those referrals also! Thanks bud.

m.m.

Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 7:21 AM

Thanks Mike, I'll start working on these. I hope you start to feel better. Can't the doctors help you out?

Get me the address to send out the chime.

In regards to our situation, its really not the $$$ that bothers me, just the principle. Your calculation is still not quite correct. The 2 spoilers were $150.00 each total $300.00 and the 2 turbo covers were $25.00 each total $50.00. these items alone equated to $350.00 and I ate the shipping. At this time to eliminate any future hardships for either of us. Please return the two 5 piece spoiler sets, 2 turbo covers and 2 dash plaques. the 3rd dash plaque is not an issue as we traded other items for it (pully adapter and idiot light bezels). I will then either pay you the $50.00 for the 2 pullys or send them back, your choice. This is my 2nd attempt to resolve this issue in your favor.

Just send everything back and we will call it even (After I send you the $50.00 for the pully's)

Deal?????

Joe

At 08:08 AM 12/17/01 -0800, you wrote:

Hi Joe. Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner, but my health is getting worse by the day and my desire to deal with people and their parts isn't too high either! Thus I'm going to scratch your back quite heavily at this time. Here's a few names & #'s for you to call and work some deals from:

XXXXXXXXXXXX

I've got some of the stuff these folks need, so if you don't have it, just email me and we'll still be able to sell the parts to them. Hopefully you can generate some $$ from some of these contacts. Just tell them you got their info from us and that I'm currently not able to help them due to my illness. I did get your last message also. I think I would still owe you $50 after the plaques and $200 arrive?? Jump on these folks at the first chance you get as I know they've got $$ and they want to spend it. I'll ge the chime address for you this evening. Thanks Joe.

m.m.

Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2001 8:39 AM

Mike,

Did you get my last email message?

What is the address to send the chime module to?

Joe

At 07:42 AM 12/12/01 -0800, you wrote:

Yes Joe, $200 is all I can send you right now, but I am going to send you the remainder when I can. I know there's more owed, but right now it's tough enough just to send the $200. Paypal isn't an option as I'm not set up for that. Thanks again & I'll get the goods out to you.

m.m.

Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 8:33 PM

Hi Mike,

I don't understand how you come up with $200.00. $200.00 alone does not even cover the cost of the 2 spoilers and the 2 turbo covers I sent. Unless you were planning on sending the $200.00 now and more later. (That was not clear) The deal was like this. 2 spoilers, 2 turbo covers, and 2 dash plaques. $500.00 and I pay shipping. I needed pully's and we agreed my cost was $50.00 therefore the balance due is $450.00 The Grill was a separate issue and both parties performed as agreed. The 3rd dash plaque was for the pully adapter and the idiot light bezals. This is a done deal and both parties performed as they agreed on this as well. There for, balance due is $450.00. I'm trying to keep this as simple as possibly

How about this, I'll try to help you out here. You keep everything I sent, Send me the $200.00 that you can cover right now Then send $50.00 each week for 5 weeks till remaining balance is paid off. Or you can send me the $450.00 via paypal and put it on your credit card or withdraw from your paypal account, (I'm just assuming you have a paypal account)

I think that fair to both sides.

Thanks

Joe

At 10:32 PM 12/11/01 -0800, you wrote:

Hi Joe. I was planning on sendng you $200 as that's all I can part with at this moment. Had I known such tough times would have befallen my wife & I, I would never had agreed to take the parts of your hands. I understand $450 is owed, that you sent the parts in good faith, that you could have sold the spoiler for more and you told Kenneth that I had them (he never did buy one due to selling his car), that I sold a grille for you and have sent several other customer to you in search of parts, and that you would love to have the entire $450 in cash. Unfortunately, I don't have it, and I don't know when I'll have it. So as not to have you in a bind and to keep you from being bit, I'm going to send back the 3 dash plaques. I apologize for this happening, but some things are out of our control. At least I'm not keeping your parts without paying you. This I have no intention of doing. Thanks.

m.m.

Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 4:22 PM

Mike, The total you have come up with is NOT accurate. We agreed on $500.00 total and I paid shipping. Less $50.00 for the Pully's. Balance due is $450.00. I sent the items in good faith with trust that I would be paid promptly. I was even honest with you about a guy who wanted a spoiler from me and I did not even send them too you yet. I could have got $200.00 from the guy, but I sent him to you. Please don't let me down Mike. Please call me tonight after 8:30 eastern time when I will be back at my shop.

Thanks

Joe

At 06:11 PM 12/11/01 -0800, you wrote:

Hi Joe. I unfortunately wasn't able to send you the funds last week to more medical bills coming in. When it rains it pours, but what can you do! So as to get you squared away, I've got the 3 GN dash plaques I got from you a while back already boxed up and ready to come back to you. My wife is getting you a $200 cashier's check tomorrow, so I'll get those items sent out to this week. I apologize for the delay, but things are getting worse everyday it seems. I think you had the plaques priced out at $50 each, so that would give us $150 for them, and $200 in the form of a cashier's check? Does that get us to an even point? Let me know and I'll get it out to you finally. Oh, did you ever find one of the chime module items I asked you about earlier?

m.m.

Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 7:33 AM
Subject: GN Parts / balance due

Hi Mike,

Got the parts today thanks, but still no sign of the payment you said you were sending last Monday. Did you send it? I really would like to be paid on these items as I thought that sending them to you would yield some quick cash for me. I believe the total for the check should be $450.00.

Please tell me full payment is already on the way.

Thanks

Joe

At 06:58 PM 11/30/01 -0800, you wrote:

Hi Joe. Sorry I didn't get back with you on your last message, but it's been
hectic. These doctors are killing me with all their crazy bills and it's
making me go mad! That was one of the reasons I thought of selling the biz,
so I could relax more and get those nuts off my back. I'll pay them as I
can, just like everyone else that works for a living. I will get those trim
pieces and some $$ out to you on Monday. I do apologize for the delay, but
when it hits, it all does at once! I do have that ECM piece you're speaking
of and I can send it also, just say the word buddy & it's your's. How many
of those idiot light housings do you need? Did you ever figure out how many
you had to have? Get back with me on those issues and we'll go from there.
Thanks as always buddy & have a nice night.

m.m.

To: Carolyn Mccoy <mrturboregal@peoplepc.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 7:18 PM
Subject: GN

> Hey Mike,
>
> I trust you got the parts I sent you along with the mirror thingy. Did
you
> get a chance to send out those trim pieces or the payment balance yet.
>
> Oh, I might need the top piece to the 3 piece computer holder trim, got
any
> in Gray
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe
>
>

(____________________________)
|[ ] |UDLOSE5| [ ]|
|____________________________|
| | 87 GN | ( )|
(_______)10.63@122.84(_______)

|[ ] |UDLOSE5| [ ]|
| | 87 GN | ( )|

|[ ] |UDLOSE5| [ ]|
| | 87 GN | ( )|

|[ ] |UDLOSE5| [ ]|
| | 87 GN | ( )|

Mike, Thanks for taking my call. Sorry I kept ya on the phone so long.

I do feel better after our call.

Thanks

Joe

I wish Pete the best! He is a good guy who helped me many, many times. His workmanship is always top notch and he was always generous with his time and facilities for our Chicagoland GS Club members. Please let me know if I can be of help to you Pete in whatever you choose to do in the future. Thanks, Paul

I will vouch for Pete.

I will admit my engine took awhile, but dealing in severely non stock stuff, it is kind of the norm anyhow.

He has never once jerked me around or yanked my chain on anything, even when I got screwed by that pile of human waste DeQuick :)

So if he is closing, does anyone know for sure? I wouldnt have a problem doing business with him now or in future endeavours.

later
Jeremy