Trunk spoiler question

dragrazor

i have searched here and google and i could not find the answer. I removed my trunk lid spoiler and the two end caps for paint today. In doing so, in order to remove the spoiler, i had to remove the two rubber grommets that allow access to the two corner bolts/screws. I do not know the technical name of these two round rubber grommets but i am asumming that they are called grommets. I could not remove them cause they were well stuck in the hole so i had no choice but to stick a screwdriver right in the middle so that i could pry them off. These grommets are very old like everyone elses. Do they sell these grommets anywhere? Is that the technical name for them? Anyone selling a good set? I know that they aren't really needed but i'd like to replace them. I can furnish a picture of it if need be. I figured you guys would know what i am talking about. Thank you

Just take the old grommet to the parts store. They usually keep a box of them behind the counter.

For what it's worth, I'm Thinking they are probably called plugs. A grommet is typically designed to have something pass through it I think. Like a cord or wire.

Yep, plugs could be another possibility. Maybe even dust cover. I am going to check the help section at the auto parts. Maybe i get lucky.

image.jpeg
True

image.jpeg