Try and get downpipes

prokeep15

Do you guys think we could get a list going for people who are seriously interested in getting 3inch downpipes to maybe throw in some fabricators face that some people actually want these things!? If you know anyone who could do it please post also...as taken from the vendors customer service forum under "Does anyone Have DP's in Stock????"; "What is alot? the problem is that quanity would need to ne made to get the pipes bent and there has been no demand I have had two or three calls in the last year
Mike" Maybe Mike knows someone who can...?
Heres the first signature
1. Eric(prokeep15)

lots of people will say they want them till it comes time for the $$$ :rolleyes: :eek: :biggrin:

try steffensmeier welding and fab. they are outa pilot grove , ia. if you email them a pic of what you want trust me they can do it.

downpipes

Hi,
I don't think a picture is enough for a 3" downpipe on our cars, they would probably either need the piece itself or a car to fit the pipe to. It's pretty tight down ther on the right side of the engine compartment...

tight is not the word :eek: the Buick THDP fits so nice ... TTAs have limited room .. I am trying a 3.5" :biggrin:

alright I have a guy somewhat interested in building a pipe using an oval piece for making it by the frame rail and see what we could do around subframe connectors. If there's enough interest I'll go talk to him again and work on it. I have heard word that there may be a couple other people looking at making them, so I'll let you know anything that I find out.

How many people are truely interested? If there's enough interest we'll try to get it made this winter in time to put on for spring, but I can't promise.

mark b said:
Sounds like the seat reproduction deal, hugh Dan?

ya it does BUT I have been threw all this stuff with my old 427 Cobra and Shelby Mustangs ... so I am older and wiser :eek: :biggrin:

Why not just make a vertical up pipe cut a hole in the hood and put a rain cap on it. It would be a lot less trouble and sound a lot better and you would not have to beat it and cut it and re-weld it. ;)

Jicaju said:
Why not just make a vertical up pipe cut a hole in the hood and put a rain cap on it. It would be a lot less trouble and sound a lot better and you would not have to beat it and cut it and re-weld it. ;)

Schweeeet.. where can I sisgn up for one of these. We can even make a plastic cap that covers the hole in the hood when we leave the track. :biggrin:

Invention.. the mother of necessity :wink:

Heres a thought.

Since Terry Houston made the only 3' stainless one that I know of(think ATR had one at one point as well).

They have to have the jigs around there somewhere.

If enough of you got together, and got deposits down on it maybe they would make a batch. Mine clears awesome with the H n R mounts.

Stockers with any sags and you might want to ask about the special tool for install or BFH :)

later
Jeremy

prokeep15 said:
Do you guys think we could get a list going for people who are seriously interested in getting 3inch downpipes to maybe throw in some fabricators face that some people actually want these things!? If you know anyone who could do it please post also...as taken from the vendors customer service forum under "Does anyone Have DP's in Stock????"; "What is alot? the problem is that quanity would need to ne made to get the pipes bent and there has been no demand I have had two or three calls in the last year
Mike" Maybe Mike knows someone who can...?
Heres the first signature
1. Eric(prokeep15)
2. James (Jeasen)

Does that mean it will fit a 2 inch longer TTA like mine because I had to add 2 inches to my pipe to get it to connect to my dump pipe section? ;) But I am glad to hear someone is going to make one especially if its Mike Licht he is what I call good people.