Try and get downpipes

Hi Mike
Jim Piper Here
If you need a TTA to test fit your pipe let me know I'll be happy to lend you one.. no need to remove it when you're done :biggrin:

No I added it to the dump pipe section. The pipe and the dump section only lapped about a 1/2 inch. I know Razor had a similiar problem cause he told me to put a tek screw in it and then put the band clamp over top of the screw.

I don't really quite understand why everyone wants a 3" downpipe when stock with a dump on it works good. I mean I can see other places I would spend my money first. Of course eventually I will probably buy a downpipe also unless their being sold at a really good price. However it seems like a lot of the people looking at getting a downpipe are still running the stock turbo even.

I have no doubt that Mike will make a great product and eventually I plan on buying one. However it'll be after things like Alky, subframe connectors, slicks, and other things that I feel I would get a bigger gain out of.

72firebird said:
I don't really quite understand why everyone wants a 3" downpipe when stock with a dump on it works good. I mean I can see other places I would spend my money first. Of course eventually I will probably buy a downpipe also unless their being sold at a really good price. However it seems like a lot of the people looking at getting a downpipe are still running the stock turbo even.

I have no doubt that Mike will make a great product and eventually I plan on buying one. However it'll be after things like Alky, subframe connectors, slicks, and other things that I feel I would get a bigger gain out of.
In answer to your question, some of us have arrived at that stage where we are readyto go in a new direction. Everybody gets there at a different time and some will go and some will sell.

Just wondering why dont you talk to someone that already have a 3'' downpipe for the TTA that had someone already fabricate one up. There is a guy around here in idaho that did the downpipe for my TTA Its a 3'' right up to the cat back. The only difference was the downpipe on this car was an external gate but dont know how many of you would want that for your car. Since alot of guys want stock looking but you get rid of that when you do performacne to the TTA anyways. By the way when I had everything on this car it went 10s with a this 3in downpipe.

jjvites said:
In answer to your question, some of us have arrived at that stage where we are readyto go in a new direction. Everybody gets there at a different time and some will go and some will sell.

Yeah that's why I mentioned people getting a 3" DP and still running a stock turbo. You're not gunna outflow the stock downpipe for a while and there's nothing constrictive in it. I realise once you get into a larger turbo and better flowing heads where you're going to actually come close to outflowing the stock downpipe it becomes useful, until then I don't see the point.

Stocker DP with dump on my ride. Times in sig. With a better sixty times could have been in the 11.5 range. Who knows maybe it is time for one.

Imadumbass.. first mod I did when I bought my other one was the subframe and downpipe. Looking back.. I would of left it alone. After researching.. I wouldnt of needed one for a long time.

We all get cuaght up in changing this, changing that, cuase it "should" work better.. a lot of times thats not the case. You better believe that after spending 550 for a downpipe, then spending to get it modded/welded to clear the subframes, then installing it 3 times to clearance it to fit, then figuring out how to not get it to hit anything and stay there.. You better believe it works.. :rolleyes:

Port the elbow.. that cant hurt.

I dont like external gates. the factory style puck system is fine, fits under the stock shield, performs great. My car has a "modded" THDP.

I maybe needing a 3.5 DP here pretty soon :biggrin: Thats gonna cost :eek:

Mike Licht said:
The bender has the order :D
Mike

Thanks for working this issue for us TTA guys Mike :)

I've added a link for Full Throttle network to our TTA FAQ List....Mike, would you please PM me with a link directly to your parts pages and I'll substitute that link for the link to the general full Throttle Network :)

leeb

To be honest there is no such thing as updates. All we can do to give you an update is tell you we are still working on them. When they are close to be ready to ship we will post it up
Thanks,
Mike