You can type here any text you want

Trying to sell on E-Bay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
I've bought stuff on ebay for a while but now I want to sell stuff. I'm all signed up but my only problem is the fees. I'm trying to sell some ATV parts so I put them under ebay motors and there were 2 $40 fees???????? And I couldnt find any other catergories to list this stuff under. What am I doing wrong. I find it hard to believe to sell a ATV exhaust it's gonna cost me $80 when I only want $50 for it. Someone let me know what the deal is. thanks....

To list it you must be doing something wrong. The listing fee isn't that much to sell a 20k car. Now if you sell it that is a percentage of selling price. Check similar items on E-Bay to see what category they are using up at the top.

I just sold a motorcycle on there and it was only $32--gotta be doing something wrong.I think somewhere on there--there is a help section where you can ask questions---sounds like a good idea.

Geoff

I do a lot of ebaying. Sounds like you selected the wrong category. That would be the fee if you were selling an actual ATV. 40 to list, 40 to sell. You need to select the "Parts' category.

To sell a car it is 40 to list it, 40 if it sells. Motorcycles are 25 and 25. And just regular items you are charged an insertion fee which is based on the starting bid and then a % of the total selling price. I can't remember the %, but I want to say it's 5%.

be careful what you click

Hello,

When you go through the options to sell, be careful what you click on, sometimes the "featured" stuff can run you some money. Also, if you want to sell a car for 20K the listing fee will be a certain amount of 20k (like 2%) even if it doesn't sell, you can get a refund of the listing fee if it doesn't sell.

I try to list ting initialy as lowas I want to sell it for. Selling an item with a start bid of $1 for 5 days is $.30. he same item with a start bid of $20 could be $.80.

Be careful what you click on.

Re: be careful what you click

Originally posted by wlaukaitis
Hello,

When you go through the options to sell, be careful what you click on, sometimes the "featured" stuff can run you some money. Also, if you want to sell a car for 20K the listing fee will be a certain amount of 20k (like 2%) even if it doesn't sell, you can get a refund of the listing fee if it doesn't sell.

I try to list ting initialy as lowas I want to sell it for. Selling an item with a start bid of $1 for 5 days is $.30. he same item with a start bid of $20 could be $.80.

Be careful what you click on.

Actually, to sell an auto, their listing fees are not like normal items with regard to insertion fees. You can start it at 3 dollars, or 30,000 dollars and your listing fee for a car will be 40 bux. Trust me on this one :)

I believe you

Hi people

Ok, I have never sold a car on Ebay just other useless stuff. Thanks for the info though!!

Bill

Back