You can type here any text you want

TRZ modded 9 in housing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Louie L.

Habitual Line Stepper
Staff member
Unhappy with many aspects of my Moser 9in housing , I decided to let TRZ do their magic on my rear diff. As usual they did awesome work, on time with great customer support. :biggrin:

They put on their custom LCA mounts with multiple adjustable holes which clear 10 in wheels with 5.5 backspace. Adjustable upper mounts and adjustable spring mounts were also done. Multiple shock mounting locations are also provided.

TRZ also repaired the improperly built Moser housing. Once on the jig it was very clear that the D/S bearing housing end was at least 1/8 in too high.:mad:

Anyways... check out the album here

9in Diff-Mods by TRZ pictures by 9secv6 - Photobucket

Looks good Louie. I had them build me a custom M9 for my "street" GN and I'm pretty sure it's off too.:mad: I had to use a 1/2 spacer to center the PS wheel in the well. Overall it's a nice piece but I think Moser's jigs suck.

BTW - we're going to have to get a Turbo V8 class started - looks like I'm joining the club.......... :rolleyes::biggrin:

Looks good Louie. I had them build me a custom M9 for my "street" GN and I'm pretty sure it's off too.:mad: I had to use a 1/2 spacer to center the PS wheel in the well. Overall it's a nice piece but I think Moser's jigs suck.

BTW - we're going to have to get a Turbo V8 class started - looks like I'm joining the club.......... :rolleyes::biggrin:

Will,
I tried to mod the housing myself. But when the numbers did not make sense , i suspected a build issue.

A V8? In your GN or the GS? Im all for it.

Will,
I tried to mod the housing myself. But when the numbers did not make sense , i suspected a build issue.

A V8? In your GN or the GS? Im all for it.

455 LSX with twins in the GS. Dropped it off at the chassis shop last weekend. Seems like there's getting to be enough we could start a class instead of being social outcasts.

Chuck,
I think back braces are not needed in this type of updated housing. Im confident in the extra webbing and guseting inside plus the thicker than stock axle tubing. The early type banjo housings are a must. Im certainly no suspension-diff guy but i did check around with many G body racers with unbraced, 9in housings.

455 LSX with twins in the GS. Dropped it off at the chassis shop last weekend. Seems like there's getting to be enough we could start a class instead of being social outcasts.

455 on twins? Wow... I may have to keep the 106..lol. I agree theres quite a few of us now. Im sure we could make a demo class. Were all too far apart to have any tight racing.

that's 1 more bug you have worked out. looking forward to seeing some good passes in Reynolds.

PS: now it will stop saying across the top of every page that I need to post here.

rear end

Do they (TRZ) supply a complete setup minus the center section?

TRZ has some very nice things. Good huys over there too. I got a few goodies recently from Todd as well. :)

Back