TSM Class RRA for BG and Reynolds

BillyRValentine

Capricorn
The new man is going to be none other than Jack Cotton. After a good deal of thought I came to this conclusion for a multitude of reasons. Among them are -

He doesn't race the class so no one can holler about someone gearing the class around a particular car.

He brings with him the potential to increase the publicity and payouts for this class.

As everyone knows Jack is a stand up guy but won't take any chit from anyone and doesn't play politics.

His ability and willingness to help unify a set of rules for the TSM points series to include BG and Reynolds.

His vast knowledge and history with not only turbo Buicks but heads up racing in general.

Jack and I have spoken at some length about this and as always there may be some that are opposed right from the start. To them I say, give both the Reynolds and Bowling Green races a chance before the b*tching and whining starts. I believe he will have the overall class' best interest in mind and that this can only help this class grow into what it could be.

Please understand that this is nothing against Scott or Chris but more-so a decision influenced by getting more for the TSM racers at the GSCA races. I believe that both Scott and Chris have and will continue to be a benefit to the class through their points series and this change will hopefully allow TSM racers to be able to race for points at ALL BUICK EVENTS.

Jim C.

That is cool !!!;)

Jack the first thing you need to make sure is that at Reynolds this year the scales are working and the turbo plug is there !!!:)

Congrats and look forward to it.

Does this mean Jack will be attending both BG and Reynolds? If so, I need to get to Reynolds early this year so he doesn't take my RV spot ;)

Welcome Jack!

Please keep the rules the same, or at least put them up to a vote if you plan on changing stuff. Thanks:)

Daaamn,

Where do I begin.... thank you Jim for giving me an opportunity to serve this class and its passionate racers. Much like this class, I too am passionate about racing. I look forward to working with Scott, Chris and Lonnie, hoping I can be a part of making an already successful class, more successful. Scott and Lonnie are legends in the Buick community for putting this class together, as well as for their particpation in the early days of the Grand National and the internet. The racers are what make this class what it is today, I do not want to leave out their valuable input, and open my door to communication anytime. I am always available through email or just a simple phone call. My number is not hard to find. :) I believe in open and honest communication with a respectful attitude toward others, no BS from me and I expect the same attitude from others. The only hurdle I see at this point is letting my wife know what I have done in accepting this position. Unfortunately, she was not available yesterday when Jim asked me and I accepted. Just as we all need to work together here, I need to work together with Lorrie. Hope she can be as excited about this as I am.

With that, I can now look forward to speaking with Scott, Lonnie and Chris, hoping to get a feel for how I can fit in, and continue this classes growth in a positive direction. I'll have more to share in the near future. I know I have heard some say, they are not concerned about payouts, they race this class for the love of it..... let me jusy say this in closing, wouldn't it be nice to know, their really is a pot of gold at the finishline waiting for the winners.... :cool:

Good luck Jack. You won't have to worry about working with me as all I did for TSM was raise money for the racers and I'm no longer going to do that. Everyone keeps lumping me into the decision making group for TSM and I have nothing to do with the class other than making sure the point series has something to pay out.

BTW I did figure out what the totals are for TSM and TSO point series. All TSM money was forwarded to Scott for distribution and I now have NOTHING to do with TSM. Total payouts including prizes, contingency, event payouts, racer app fees and sponsor money was over $7000 for TSM and over $10000 for TSO, almost $18,000 in total was raised this year for class payouts. We actually collected more this year for TSO than last! I will be making a post on T6P.com regarding this hopefully today but probably not till tom. Good luck with next years payouts.

BTW has anyone even called Scott about this?

Just so everyone knows T6P.com and TurboBuick.com are both the title sponsors for both classes! I dealt directly with Chris on this, that is a ton of money raised, thanks Chris.

Offical TSO and TSM info is posted over there! T6P started sponsoring the classes first and it is the official site!

Go here

t6p.com - Turbo Buick Regal Resource

Good luck Jack. You won't have to worry about working with me as all I did for TSM was raise money for the racers and I'm no longer going to do that. Everyone keeps lumping me into the decision making group for TSM and I have nothing to do with the class other than making sure the point series has something to pay out.

BTW I did figure out what the totals are for TSM and TSO point series. All TSM money was forwarded to Scott for distribution and I now have NOTHING to do with TSM. Total payouts including prizes, contingency, event payouts, racer app fees and sponsor money was over $7000 for TSM and over $10000 for TSO, almost $18,000 in total was raised this year for class payouts. We actually collected more this year for TSO than last! I will be making a post on T6P.com regarding this hopefully today but probably not till tom. Good luck with next years payouts.

That is very IMPRESSIVE and I am deeply greatful !!!! :D

I really wish you would have replied to the original payout question in this manor and I promise you things would have been differant.

Again thank you for your effort ;)

Thanks for the input Chris, sorry to hear you are stepping away. Looks like you did a fabulous job with sponsorship. It's too bad you feel as though you've been "lumped" up, it would appear that much has been clarified the last few days.

Not sure what you stepping down from your duties has to do with this thread or me, I am strictly involved in the TSM class for Reynolds and BG, mainly to help existing RRA's, at least that is how I see it. Good luck.

My question is answered! Finally. Thank you for your support Chris, If you would have just stated this back in BG, Norwalk, or BPG things would have been gravy. I would hope that you would continue to work to raise money for both TSM/TSO.

Thanks for the input Chris, sorry to hear you are stepping away. Looks like you did a fabulous job with sponsorship. It's too bad you feel as though you've been "lumped" up, it would appear that much has been clarified the last few days.

Not sure what you stepping down from your duties has to do with this thread or me, I am strictly involved in the TSM class for Reynolds and BG, mainly to help existing RRA's, at least that is how I see it. Good luck.

Well Jack, since Jim mentioned my name in the original post and you mentioned me again in your post, I figured I would clarify for you and everyone else that I am no longer associated with TSM. Good luck on your pot of gold.

Jason, I gave you the best info I could at the time.

I would hope that you would continue to work to raise money for both TSM/TSO.

Looks like you guys took care of the Points series payouts in addition to getting a new RRA in place. :( It looks like it is good thing that you are doing well this year Jason.

Just curious how many of you are really here for the money? It was nice for Jason ,Don and maybe Dick but how many you will see any? How many of you will quit because of it? Not starting trouble just curious on the field for next year. We're there whether there is money or not!

Just curious how many of you are really here for the money? It was nice for Jason ,Don and maybe Dick but how many you will see any? How many of you will quit because of it? Not starting trouble just curious on the field for next year. We're there whether there is money or not!

I think most every racer that is registered in the points series and races at events gets a piece back at the end of the year. I don't do it for the money but it is sad to see that after years of racing in the series for hardly anything, we finally had someone going to bat for us racer to get a little something and we can't even enjoy it for the season before it is ruined.

Chris, I did not participate this year but normally have been involved in the point series.I just wanted to personally thank you for your hard work .I know how hard it is to collect money for functions because ive done it many times for differant events.congradulations on a very successfull effort

Chris, I did not participate this year but normally have been involved in the point series.I just wanted to personally thank you for your hard work .I know how hard it is to collect money for functions because ive done it many times for differant events.congradulations on a very successfull effort

Yes like I posted in the other thread, some of us racers really do appreciate it your efforts Chris. It seems like you have your mind made up already but please keep in mind that you are punishing TSM racers for what a bunch of NON-TSM racers did. Yes there was a couple of TSM guys in there but the biggest bulk of it was a bunch of ****** that have never raced in TSM.

Sully

Damn, $7000! Good job Chris:cool:

I hope something can be worked out for next year. You must have a lot of time invested in getting that money. Thanks for the effort.