TSM-Legal 8-second pass

Wow, great times!
Just curious though...... what kind of rpm is Don turning with a 275/60 dr and a 3.90 gear in the rear end at 151mph?

FYI
8 bolts in the heads no clamps or extra bolts
Legal 71mm turbo
3580 lbs
Don Cruz built the car/Cal Hartline tunes the XFI

This car is a work of art! Look for the pics in the next GMHIGHTECH magazine!

While I'm typing, Dave Fiscus ran a personal best TSO-legal 8.16 at 173 or 4 mph but hurt his trans, and then the backup failed.

His new trans didnt work right,he went 8.16 on his back up trans,we think he hurt the backup on the 8.16 pass cause on the next pass it was gone

Wow, great times!
Just curious though...... what kind of rpm is Don turning with a 275/60 dr and a 3.90 gear in the rear end at 151mph?
He looks to be running a tall slick in the vids

lcn-k2185-1_w.jpg

now thats funny!!!

In the GMHTP magazine it says he is using a 275/60 wit a 3.90 gear. I was just wondering what crazy rpm he must be turning to pull that off.

Maybe the block is drilled for 1/2" studs to up the clamping and stability? That is what I would do for 8 bolt heads.

Maybe the block is drilled for 1/2" studs to up the clamping and stability? That is what I would do for 8 bolt heads.
A well running car with a proper tune will stay together with the stock sized bolts especially at teh low boost levels Don runs:D

Per the TCI HP Calculator

¼ Mile Horsepower Calculator

MPH Weight HP
152.93 @ 3,580 = 999.34

Zowie!:eek:

I didn't see don run 275 drs at all. Pretty sure he was running 29.5" or 28" tall slicks.

¼ Mile Horsepower Calculator

MPH Weight HP
152.93 @ 3,580 = 999.34

Zowie!:eek:

RPM's must be out the wazoo..... IMHO.... It is difficult to make big HP numbers (on a small cube engine) without boost cranked or lots of RPM's..... or maybe in this case..... both!

At any rate..... the HP is there. Great numbers.