You can type here any text you want

TSM Results from Midwest Buick Challenge

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott231

Mean Scott
It was lightly raining at 8:00am, but by 9, it was gone for the day. The temperatures actually got quite warm by 3:00.

TSM had a total of 10 cars qualify and compete. Leading the way was David Bamford with two passes at 10.08 prior to eliminations. We took our time getting things started as many people never showed up until 10:00 or later.

By 2:00 we had Round 1 completed and 3 of the 5 winners were point series racers (Bamford, Walt Judy and Brett Rudbeck). Bob Slusser entered his first TSM race and put out the #2 finisher from last year's TSM point series with his 10.69 pass in round 1, but fell victim to Brett Rudbeck's 10.5 in Round 2.

Dave Bamford's brother Mike had recently changed over the engine combination in his 87 GN to a TSM legal setup and advance to round two with a 10.43 but was handed a overwhelming defeat when Walt Judy really, really had the tune right on his motor and ran a personal best ever - 10.26. Dave had a Bye in Round 2.

For Round 3, the Bye run went to Walt Judy, but while running the car hard down the track ("just to see what it would do") Walt's ECM through a code 43. (How many of you remember what that code is off the top of your head? We had to pull out a reference card to figure it out!) Dave Bamford then stepped it up a notch and ran a 10.02 to eliminate Brett, but later found out that he cracked a header.

So for the final, there were two wounded cars - Walt Judy and Dave Bamford. I got on the microphone and "talked up" the final round race...we had quite a few people come up to the stands to watch the TSM final. When the lights on the tree dropped, the cars left hard off of their two-steps. It was a fairly close race until the 1/8 mile marker when it became clear that Dave's cracked header was nowhere near the problem of whatever set the ECM error code on Walt's car. Dave easily won with a 10.07 to Walt's 10.73

I'll compute the points for the point series racers in the next day or two and post that at the TSM web page.

Steve,

Did you get your Schrader valve tool back from Kip? Hopefully, I don't have you confused with another Steve!

Actually I,m the Steve your looking for.....Naw i forgot all about it. No problem glad to help out its only a buck part at autozone!:cool:

Scott
After you left we found out a head gasket went. I had leaned it out bad labor day weekend and was hopeing it would make it through morocco. It was burned between 4&6 With help we had it replaced in no time. I think the code 43 is a direct scan problem. Every time i have had that code it has been hooked up. And i have never had it with ds not runing.

Well, a head gasket will certainly slow you down moreso than an ECM error.:rolleyes: Did you make any worthwhile passes on Sunday?

Congratulations on finishing second in TSM. If only that HG had held!:D

Scott i had turned the boost all the way down after we changed the gasket but found out i would only get one time run sunday morning. I took a guess at it and turned some boost back into it and went 10.37 First round it went 10.38 I lost to the butang so i droped into bracket 1 and the code 43 came back. It slowed to a 10.50. I had redlit so my day was done anyway.

Back