You can type here any text you want

TT chip 5.6 adjustable

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

etriebe

Hello I have recently purchased an 86 T type and it has a TT adjustable chip. I have read and understand the directions on how to move stuff around. I can make a full throttle run and have 0.0 knock on scan master and feels great I just know there is more to come from the adjustments. I am running pump 92 and 20lbs of boost. This thing takes forever to spool but when it comes in it stays until I let off steady at 20lbs. my question is where do I need to start, Add more timing or less fuel, or should I just leave it alone and crank the boost up until I get some knock and turn it back down a bit?

Thanks for the help

Need more information, what turbo? complete details of all the parts you have?

Hello I have recently purchased an 86 T type and it has a TT adjustable chip. I have read and understand the directions on how to move stuff around. I can make a full throttle run and have 0.0 knock on scan master and feels great I just know there is more to come from the adjustments. I am running pump 92 and 20lbs of boost. This thing takes forever to spool but when it comes in it stays until I let off steady at 20lbs. my question is where do I need to start, Add more timing or less fuel, or should I just leave it alone and crank the boost up until I get some knock and turn it back down a bit?

Thanks for the help

If you're having problems spooling...then you likely have other issues.

How much stall does it have? How much boost when leaving the line?

In the pic it looks like a single 3" exhaust with offset in/offset out flowmaster. That will cause some lag

I am not sure about the stall and I have not launched it yet. That will be tomorrow:) I have really just got on it on a roll around town at about 1200 to 1500 rpm. that probably explains my lag. I thought it was a flowmaster also but it isn't forgot what brand but I don't like it anyway and will get replaced. Now onto the chip deal should I just leave it as programmed and turn up boost. I really want to take advantage of the adjustments but Need to know where to start.

That's a big turbo on there, your thinking its a non turbo car with tonnes of torque, or a stocker with instant spool. I would say nothing is wrong, if your hitting this thing off idle and not spooling it up. Whats the stall RPM before the tires spin and what boost while brake torquing it?

I will find out a lot tomorrow I guess about the stall. I had a typhoon with the same turbo on it and it just seemed to do great. should I just leave it as programmed and turn up boost. I really want to take advantage of the adjustments but Need to know where to start.

Without no power logger I would not be turning up the boost just yet, even the factory o2 sensor we can get a ballpark of the a/f. You dont want to hurt it,,

The scanmaster says at a wot 3rd gear run the o2 millivolts are at 820 with 0.0 deg. knock at 20 lbs. I know I can lean it out quite a bit and be safe. I am shooting for around 750 millivolts. Is the chip capable of doing that or should I turn down fuel pressure a little. I am at 44 lbs fuel at idle with vac removed. or maybe try some additional timing. Is advancing 3.5 Degrees to much to start with.

The risks of knock increase as you lean it out 760 is a reasonable target, leave the timing alone in 3rd. Pull 3% fuel and see what numbers you get. Leave the fp and boost alone. You might be able to squeak a degree or 2 advance in 1st and 2nd, but 3rd its a gamble.

That's a big turbo on there, your thinking its a non turbo car with tonnes of torque, or a stocker with instant spool. I would say nothing is wrong, if your hitting this thing off idle and not spooling it up. Whats the stall RPM before the tires spin and what boost while brake torquing it?

Norbs...he's having a lot of lag...so let's take him through the basics. Is the puck sealing? What stall is the convertor...put it up against the brakes and check the RPM the tires start breaking loose. Aftermarket headers are generally thin wall...and turbos need heat to spool. A big front mount intercooler will slow up the spool. What size exhaust housing is on that turbo? Any pre turbo exhaust leaks? Leave the chip on the default settings until you get a few of these questions answered.

Back