You can type here any text you want

TT street chip question/problem.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEARING

I'm not sure if the 86 T i just picked up has a street chip or emissions chip in it?

The previous owner said it was an emissions chip but when I pulled it out it was marked as a street chip.

5.6 1551
28# street 93
20/18 15-17 psi

If it was an emissions chip I would think I would have been marked as such?:confused:

I couldn't drive the car with this chip due to a huge amount of KR 8+ on only 10psi. Straight Exxon 93

Luckly I brought a postons thumb wheel chip with me and set it on #3 and was getting about 5 KR at 16psi 790-800 mv on the scanmaster 2.1 Still too much KR.

I'm waiting on a FP gauge to I can check the pressure. Maybe it's set too low.

Other than that the car runs great and didn't miss a beat during the 1500 mile road trip home.

Car is stock with the exception of Hooker cat back,test pipe, hot wired 340, RJC boost controller(that was installed backwards) and a 208/208 comp cam. Motor has less than 5k miles on it according to all the paperwork.

I may try a stock chip I have to see what that does.

Eric should be able to tell you everything about that chip. It is not labeled alky, but the 28# on 93 has to mean something different than 28 Lbs boost on 93 octane, LOL... The 20/18 is most likely timing for lower/upper gears and 15-17 Lbs boost.

I guess you just purchased the car? Why did the seller let go of it? Maybe they were seeing the power loss and could not determine the cause. Like you plan to do, I suggest to get a FP gauge on it and check base and ensure it is increasing with boost properly. You could have one of the defective Walbro pumps in the tank.

Mike

Eric should be able to tell you everything about that chip. It is not labeled alky, but the 28# on 93 has to mean something different than 28 Lbs boost on 93 octane, LOL... The 20/18 is most likely timing for lower/upper gears and 15-17 Lbs boost.

I guess you just purchased the car? Why did the seller let go of it? Maybe they were seeing the power loss and could not determine the cause. Like you plan to do, I suggest to get a FP gauge on it and check base and ensure it is increasing with boost properly. You could have one of the defective Walbro pumps in the tank.

Mike

Lol. No I'm fairly sure the #28 is for the injector size. I bought the car nearly 2 months ago but just retired from the Navy and could only pick up the car now.

I could be wrong but I think between the RJC controller being plumbed in backwards and the chip/KR problem they popped the motor, had it rebuilt, still had issues and decided to sell it.

The FP gauge should be here tomorrow. Hope it''s just the base is set too low and not a bad pump. Pump is less than 2 years old but it could have been bad out of the box I guess.

Definitely not an emissions chip. It's just a basic 93 octane street chip. Time to go through the basics, airflow numbers, fuel pressure under boost, etc. It's also possible the chip's adjustable parameters (timing and fuel) had been changed.

Definitely not an emissions chip. It's just a basic 93 octane street chip. Time to go through the basics, airflow numbers, fuel pressure under boost, etc. It's also possible the chip's adjustable parameters (timing and fuel) had been changed.

I didn't get any instructions on how to make adjustments to the chip.:(

Back