You can type here any text you want

TTA 1078 Project - Again ;)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
you planning on making it mostly original? If not, why not smooth out some of the rough edges that are always a bitch to clean and fill the unneeded holes. Looking good so far though, keep up the good work.

Will keep it stock looking as from the factory, got some friends that done their GTA engine bays and smoothed everything out and it sure looks good and is much easier to keep clean of course but decided to keep it stock looking but this will look much better and last much longer I hope ...

So fun part is to install everything again without scratching the new paint ...

Attachments

• DSC00003[1].JPG
    DSC00003[1].JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 188
Looking good Jan! That engine is a tiny little thing once it's out and everything is off of it is'nt it! :cool: Make her look pretty Jan! I know you will! Can't wait to see it all done and back on the road!

you didn't hear Jason? he threw it in the trash and is going with a real mans engine.. twin turbo big block! Keep up with your TTA people Jason your slippin!

phillyturbosix said:
you didn't hear Jason? he threw it in the trash and is going with a real mans engine.. twin turbo big block! Keep up with your TTA people Jason your slippin!
Sure... :D

Jason

Time, who needs time ... spent two weeks on the beaches in Spain and when I got back it was all done :-) Just have to put it all back together again, if I find the time that is ;)

Engine block, crank, rods and pistons are at the machine shop not spoken to them yet as I just came back the other day from vacation. Will give them a call tomorrow to see where they're at and how much the damage ($$$) will be.

Jim, agree that engine is a tiny piece when stripped off ... put the block in the back of my VW Passat along with crank etc and had plenty of space left :biggrin:

I'll keep you all posted on the progress, in no rush to get it back on the road so plan is for it all to be done early next year.

Jan-
That engine bay looks really good man, so is did you put your first scratch in it yet :wink:

Keep us updated on the project, lots of pics!

BW

Thanks ! No scratches as of yet ... but cant make any promises when the complete engine and trans goes back in ... but will be caregul that's for sure.

So engine cross member, a-arms and a coupel of other small bits (should be the last stuff) getting powder coated ... should have it all back within a couple of weeks.

Got some stuff put back in there and looks god so far, either new stuff, powder coated or electroplated so looks pretty good I must say. Everything cleaned and the A/C aluminium stuff I used some steelwool to clean and then some clearcoat on it, looks pretty stock this way and not too shiny (read bling) ;)

Attachments

• PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 65
Back