You can type here any text you want

TTA cloth pipe replacement

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Veesixx

1 of 1555 (#1489)
I am looking at getting rid of my 5" in length cloth pipe on my CAI setup. Don't like how it looks :eek: . Anyone know of any cool looking replacement? I might also consider replacing the whole pipe and have one from the turbo to the MAF. Check out the picture and let me know of any ideas and places that sell pipes. I have the TA-49 turbo. Thanks in advance.

Roy

Attachments

• mafpipes.jpg
    mafpipes.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 234
Dan(Grumpy)used to sell some nice aluminum ones. They were extra long and ran from the turbo to the MAF. I bought one and had it chromed.

James.

Dan(Grumpy)used to sell some nice aluminum ones. They were extra long and ran from the turbo to the MAF. I bought one and had it chromed.

James.
I got one as well and had it powder coated silver, fits great. This is the mid size version, he got a longer version you can trim exactly as you like at the MAF/filter end.

See picture below

maf pipe

Jan,

Where you get the 4"/5" blue pipe close the the MAF? Something like that might work for me. Thanks.

Roy

Is this what you are looking for? I have many compliments on the pipe but can never direct anyone to the source because my car came with it.
100_0357.jpg

Jason

tta cai pipe

Thats what I am talking about, looks awsome. Only thing I would pull the filter out so it can be seen. I see why you get compliments, it looks like a sweet setup. To bad you have no info :frown: . Thanks.

Roy

Jan,

Where you get the 4"/5" blue pipe close the the MAF? Something like that might work for me. Thanks.

Roy

Roy, do a search for silicon hoses on e-bay there's a number of good vendors selling them by the foot etc. I got mine here in the UK.

Looks like a long hose to me...

Jason
On mine, yes. That's why me and Julio got grumpy to do a longer version (cut to fit) of the MAF pipe. Got one of the longer ones I will use when I get my engine back in there and focus on the MAF/filter setup.

tta turbo pipes

cottonpicker14,

Thanks for the info and would love to see a picture of your setup. I am also going to keep an eye on that Ebay listing you posted.

I have a question. What are the tubes and silicone hoses size in diameter?
Thanks again guys.

Roy

Is this what you are looking for? I have many compliments on the pipe but can never direct anyone to the source because my car came with it.
100_0357.jpg

Jason

Jason...pretty sure that's the ATR pipe...pretty hard to find these days. I think it was acctually made for the GN and not for the TTA...but as you know it fits and looks very nice.

-Scott

cottonpicker14,

Thanks for the info and would love to see a picture of your setup. I am also going to keep an eye on that Ebay listing you posted.

I have a question. What are the tubes and silicone hoses size in diameter?
Thanks again guys.

Roy

Here is mine

Attachments

• tta1.jpg
    tta1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 163
  • tta2.jpg
    tta2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 162
  • tta3.jpg
    tta3.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 162
intake

Black looks good too. I really like your setup. So, how long is the pipe? You K&N cone looks like an 8"? Also, the silicone hose looks like a 3" in diameter? Wierd, the ebay pipe looks a bit different...the curve? maybe its just me. Thanks at lot for the pics.

Roy

Black looks good too. I really like your setup. So, how long is the pipe? You K&N cone looks like an 8"? Also, the silicone hose looks like a 3" in diameter? Wierd, the ebay pipe looks a bit different...the curve? maybe its just me. Thanks at lot for the pics.

Roy

I'd bet they are the same :eek:

Roy

Pipe and hoses are 3"

Roy

The K&N is 8 inches. The hose is 3inches in diameter. Not sure the overall length of the pipe, but had to be cut. I got it from Grumpy who told me it would have to be cut and worked out perfectly.
As far as the on on Ebay, like Grumpy says above, it looks the same. Maybe you could email him and ask to send you other photos of it or where he bought it.

Back