You can type here any text you want

TTA fuel sending unit same as on the 89 GTA with 350 TPI?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Is our fuel sender unit / pump think the same as used on the GTA's ?

My feed and return pipes on the sending unit (what you see out side of the tank) have seen better days (read rust) and I can get my hands on one from a GTA but just like to make sure they are identical. Will drop a new Walbro 340 in there at the same time.

Yes they are the same :)

Thanks Steve, that's what I thought.

Also on the fuel pump sock, the stock sock in our cars are long and extend equally on both sides of the pump I guess this is to make sure it can suck fuel while cornering. The Walbro pump sock (that comes with the kit) is the simple one sided version, extends only to one side of where it sits on the pump (same as other Firebirds used stock).

Should I go with the stock style sock, and will it fit the Walbro pump, or should I use the sock that comes with the Walbro pump kit?

Should I go with the stock style sock, and will it fit the Walbro pump, or should I use the sock that comes with the Walbro pump kit?

I've only done fuel pumps on three TTA's - all had pumps replaced before I got to them and had a sock like what comes with the Walbro. Guess I've never seen a stock TTA sock. I've always installed it with the new sock(from the pump kit)and never had a problem.

I've only done fuel pumps on three TTA's - all had pumps replaced before I got to them and had a sock like what comes with the Walbro. Guess I've never seen a stock TTA sock. I've always installed it with the new sock(from the pump kit)and never had a problem.

Same here. Use the clean the sock made for the new pump.

Jason

Back