TTA IC Shroud update!!!

JCSTTA

USAF
I talked to Keith today at Mease Performance (great guy!!)
He said that he has everything ready to go to make a aluminum TTA shroud. Price will be $200 for anyone wanting to buy one. He also told me that if we can get 5 people to do a gp he will sale them to us for 150 a piece!! The shrouds will come powdercoated either satin black, gloss black, or aluminum and would take about 2 weeks to get done. If you want to get in on this please post here so we know how many people are in. He can accept paypal on this as well.

People in so far:
JCSTTA
JAS89TTA
TTA 654

****Two more and we got a deal!*****

INTERCOOLER SHROUD

lets do this!!!!

*All shrouds WILL BE built and COMPLETED before any payments are recieved!!!!! This way there are no misunderstandings on our part or yours...but due to these terms, PLEASE do NOT post here if you are not going to purchase the shroud. JCSTTA will have his shortly, and can provide pics of install, etc. shroud will clear all stock accessories, cooling fans and cooling fan motors, etc. Sits at the same height as stock shroud, and lower portion is adjustable.

Take off your stock million dollar shroud :) and grab a better flowing aluminum version!

Regards, <KM@>MPE

Is the whole thing aluminum? Not too sure making the bottom aluminum is a good idea? One big curb, etc and your nice shiny shroud will have a nice big dent. GM used flexible material for a reason. If you don't drive your car I guess it would be O.K.

I know someone who bought the aftermarket IC from Tony DeQuick. His shroud was nice when new but now has a bunch of battle scars on it from being bent out of shape and somewhat back into shape. Just my $.02.

shroud

Originally posted by GNandTTA
Is the whole thing aluminum? Not too sure making the bottom aluminum is a good idea? One big curb, etc and your nice shiny shroud will have a nice big dent. GM used flexible material for a reason. If you don't drive your car I guess it would be O.K.

I know someone who bought the aftermarket IC from Tony DeQuick. His shroud was nice when new but now has a bunch of battle scars on it from being bent out of shape and somewhat back into shape. Just my $.02.

(there is no cutoff date, but I'd like to at least have 5 before the end of this week. If this is going to become a mass produced item, we will most likely forward the sales to our vendors...we will sell 10 shrouds here, then they must be ordered via one of our vendors.)

Yes you will have to be very careful with this shroud, it is fabricated from .060 5052 aluminum, it will bend and tear if you hit something, the inlet will be adjustable, so if ya run over curbs often:eek: :D keep it all the way up;)

this shroud will be $150.00.....your factory shroud is......................PRICELESS:p

Thanks for the info. I will have to talk to the old lady before I can say I am for sure 100% in.

So, by Friday right.... or before Monday?

I'm very interested but would like to see the prototype before saying im in for sure. Sounds like a great idea.

Mockup pics!!!

we have 5 or 6 of these completed, final mockup and pics will be taken this weekend or beginning of next week. Steve kaminski was kind enough to offer to help with the fitment and clearance....just to make sure EVERYTHING is right! pics will be posted on our site and immediately linked here when they are in!

thanks to all and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!! tell you're wives you've got a new item for the wish list.....;) :D :p no overnight shipments tho;) :cool: lol

TT/A1233 and I were talking a while back wondering why couldn't the shroud be a two piece design with the bottom piece being some sort of flexible rubber and replaceable.
You could sell the shroud in kit form with one replacement bottom piece included and sell replacement bottom pieces as needed.

Did these ever make production?

i know a guy in nashville that is in need of a TTA shroud
BW