You can type here any text you want

TTA K&N air filter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbotaguy

Ok, I'm going to start with a big dumb question here - I'm a new TTA owner and wanted to install a K&N style filter.

Did some research and saw that the 8" K&N seems to be the favorite. Bought one at Johnsperformance. Now for the big question - where the hell does it go? I took apart my stock air cleaner today, I thought it might go on the plastic elbow between the stocker and the MAF sensor, but it is too long. Also, I can't believe we clamp it down to that plastic elbow.

Help is appreciated.

Also, is there something out there to replace that ugly black hose from the MAF sensor and the turbo? I saw the nice chrome piece at Johnsperformance that goes from the turbo to the black hose, but nothing for the ugly black hose except a nice new ugly black hose.

You have to take your stock airbox out. That "ugly black hose" also has to go. Instead of that you put the metal or chrome straight pipe. Contact grumpy on the board. He sells the complete kits for the TTA. Hope I made some sense.

Jason

Was it you that had a thread on turbotransam.com?? Which one did you end up buying??? Welcome aboard!! I got a pipe from Grumpy and kept the plastic piece and the K+N fits into the fender. Be prepared for it to be alot louder(the air intake noise anyway).

Kma697 said:
Was it you that had a thread on turbotransam.com?? Which one did you end up buying??? Welcome aboard!! I got a pipe from Grumpy and kept the plastic piece and the K+N fits into the fender. Be prepared for it to be alot louder(the air intake noise anyway).

Yes, that was me. I bought car #576 in Maryland. One owner with 68k miles, but a bit rough. I've fixed most of the little things (alignment, headliner, AC, hatch pull down, general clean up, etc), but have some bigger things to take care of. It runs like crap - rough idle, low boost, etc.

I'll contact Grumpy. I'm looking forward for it to be a lot louder! I love intake and turbo noise.

turbotaguy said:
Yes, that was me. I bought car #576 in Maryland. One owner with 68k miles, but a bit rough. I've fixed most of the little things (alignment, headliner, AC, hatch pull down, general clean up, etc), but have some bigger things to take care of. It runs like crap - rough idle, low boost, etc.

I'll contact Grumpy. I'm looking forward for it to be a lot louder! I love intake and turbo noise.
I'm sure you have heard this a thousand times before, first mod is get a scantool. You will be able to pinpoint your problem with the car running rough. Welcome aboard!

Jason

turbotaguy said:
Yes, that was me. I bought car #576 in Maryland. One owner with 68k miles, but a bit rough.

Do you live in MD or just bought it there...if so were in MD do you live? I'm in Eldersburg, MD (Carroll County) and there is a couple up in PA as well.

Scott89TTA said:
Do you live in MD or just bought it there...if so were in MD do you live? I'm in Eldersburg, MD (Carroll County) and there is a couple up in PA as well.

No, I don't live in Md, I just bought the car there. I live in Metro Detroit.

Back