TTA Radiator like GTA ?

Lynn D. Brown

I just noticed in Car Craft that Flex-A Lite now offers a Radiator & Dual fan for the Gen III - a little pricey @ $900. Is our radiator the same as the GTAs' ?

My O'reilly 120$ radiator and stock fans keep my car cool. I wouldn't spend 900 bucks on a radiator, but yes, the GTA radiator is the same as the TTA.

Yes, good point, if it won't add any value don't spend the dough. But I'm just wondering if we increase the HP substantially whether the stock heating system will be adequate.

I know the GN and Typhoon systems peter out fairly quickly as U add HP, and I really don't know how much better our system is than the GN one. When U start upping HP, U usually have to upgrade everything with it. The car mfgs don't usually add a whole lot of reserve to any of the systems.

Maybe I should ask that vendor how much more capacity it can deliver.

I have a TTA rad in my daughters GN with the stock GN fan.. she drives the car everywhere !! oh ya.. she has gone 9.94 @ 138+ in street trim as she drives it .. Radiator never has missed a beat and the car runs cool :cool:

Go to the Flex-A-Lite website and it appears to be part # 56484. I can't seem to copy the link to here but then I am IT challenged. I think I can PM it to U. It is on p.22 of the June Car craft. They say a 300 % increase in surface area, but surely they must mean 30 %. I don't see any ports for the trans oil however.