TTA - T Top Roof Shades

turbotaguy

When I bought my car last year it came with T Top roof shades in a box in the trunk. How can I tell if they are original?

Based on the flat, thin old looking box I would guess that they are. I want to sell them, but don't want to misrepresent them being original.

The box has a sticker on the side with the number 1071496 and "Beechwood" written on it. The shades appear to have never been used. They still have the velcro (both sides of the velcro) on them with the release paper intact (although somewhat old looking).

I'd appreciate the input. If they are original, they will be up for sale shortly!

chances are they're originals. I don't think I have heard of any other companies making them. I think QuickyOne might be looking for a set so you might want to try PMind him if you're looking to sell them.

Looks like your missing a 0 in the part number and that is the original ones. There are no more left out there NOS anyway. I picked up the last set a few months ago. They sell for around 150 - 200 bucks. I'd ebay them for max profit if they are still in the box this time of year you might see them go way over 200 bucks. Here are some pics of mine,,,

Pictures0002.jpg

Pictures0018.jpg

Pictures0008.jpg

Oh my God Jim!
You opened up a set of NOS ones?:eek: :mad: :eek: :rolleyes:
;)
just messing with you....................:wink:

George:cool:

Re-pops

When I bought my car last year it came with T Top roof shades in a box in the trunk. How can I tell if they are original?

Based on the flat, thin old looking box I would guess that they are. I want to sell them, but don't want to misrepresent them being original.

The box has a sticker on the side with the number 1071496 and "Beechwood" written on it. The shades appear to have never been used. They still have the velcro (both sides of the velcro) on them with the release paper intact (although somewhat old looking).

I'd appreciate the input. If they are original, they will be up for sale shortly!
\\

LOOK HERE;82-92 F-Body - Firebird - Interior - Sun Visors, Sail Panels & Sunshades

Shades

Hi,
Anyone ever use those things? I drove my car all the way from Michigan to Texas, lots of sun on the way, and never felt the need to install mine.The car spent most of it's life in Florida, and from the look of things, the first owner never felt the need to use them either. Well, anyway, there they sit in the cargo area, in the original box,looking pretty cherry. I guess I will pass them on to the next owner, whenever that happens.I feel no great ned to sell anything right now... All you rich collectors out there,come on! Plunk down 40 or 50 K for that Clean TTA that you KNOW you want, and get the ball rolling!
Just kidding; I would own this car even if it were worth 4K; it's a love affair.
Barret Jackson in a month or so, though...

Do your self a favor and do not store them on the side!! Esp in a car that can get hot in the sun. The material they made the padding out of on these shades was garbage! If not stored flat they tend to sag or leave marks in them. Might want to open the box and make sure they are still ok in there. This is about the time that padding is getting old and falling apart inside the shades. Seen it a number of times on daily driver GTA's in the area. Cool dry place and flat is how you want to keep them.

My car had them in when I bought it and I keep saying I'm going to take them out to see how it is with them out but I don't want to go to a car show in the sun all day then come out and have a skin graf when I try to leave wearing a pair of shorts! :eek: Maybe this summer I'll take them out and see how it is. I've owned a few T top IROC's and T/A's and I never used them in those cars. But I like the look of em! Got a set in my GN as well. :cool:

screens

Hi,
Good advice, I'm sure.My car is stored at my shop, and sees wide variations of temperature, but very little direct sunlight. As these machines are approaching 20 years old, I know where you are coming from. I will change the angle of storage of the screens, but there is not much I can do about the temperature fluctuations; climate controlled storage is not in my budget right now. I guess I could get a bubble, and fill it full of nitrogen, but, after all, it is just a car.I feel more like a caretaker than an owner, and will do the best I can. Thanks for the advice!

One of the boxes in the back of my TTA when I bought it was the shades box. I might have to go have a look to make sure they are in the shape I hope they are. The box has never been opened, so fingers crossed.

Mike M