You can type here any text you want

TTIV Helpful Hints/Agenda

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DEL

Here's some last minute thoughts and a copy of the agenda. We will bring hard copies to hand out at the event also.

2 days and counting!

Turbo Thunder IV
Helpful Hints by Dave Loney

1. Once you arrive at the track and get through the ticket gate, please locate my wife (Kathy Loney) and make sure you are registered to race for the TTIV plaques/payout. If you pre-registered your name will already be on the list but we still need your car number. If you didn¡¦t pre-register, you¡¦ll need to give her $10 and all your information including your car number.

2. On Saturday, make sure my wife knows what your best ET, top Speed, and best reaction time of the weekend was. Please try to do this as soon as you¡¦re done with eliminations. You may need to produce a timeslip if you are contending for a plaque and you¡¦re close to another competitor¡K so save your slips!

3. On Saturday during eliminations we will try and ladder the cars as soon after 1st round as possible. We may only get 1 lane again this year. All the TTIV racers were very accommodating to one another in making sure that the two classes were ¡§together¡¨ in the lanes last year. Please be flexible if this has to be the case again this year. If by some miracle we get two separate lanes, we will do our best to have them marked for each of the classes.

4. This is the first year we've had plaques for "Best Stock Appearing¡¨ and ¡§Best modified¡¨ Buicks in the car show. Gary Woods and I will perform the judging for this. We will attempt to pick our favorites by 1:30 on Saturday. We are both racing our own cars so bare with us.

5. We will try to hand out the plaques and cash as soon after final eliminations as possible. The event is officially concluded after the last pair of TTIV cars go down the track in eliminations. In keeping with tradition, we will hand out the awards near Geno¡¦s motorhome so try and congregate there around an hour after the finals. I¡¦m a horrible and nervous public speaker in groups bigger than 2 so forgive me if I screw up like I did last year.

6. Please keep the ¡§charter¡¨ for this event in mind. ¡§A bunch of guys (and gals) getting together to race their Buicks¡¨ Our goal is to just have a good time. If you have problems with the track officials, their rules, the track conditions, the heat, the lack of shade or other things, remember this is all supposed to be for the fun of it.

7. This will be the 2nd year that my wife has helped out. She handles the money, the sign-ups, the statistics (best ET, etc.) and the payouts. Any racing related questions should be referred to me, or your staging lane neighbor. She is available for tuning and track advice, but you might not like the results ļ

Agenda

Friday June 27th:
2:00PM Gates open for Test & Tune
8:00PM (or dusk) track closes
8:30-??

Izzy's Pizza
29991 SW Town Center Loop, Wilsonville
(503) 582-0816
Banquet room reserved for 30 people under "Turbo Thunder Racers" thru Chad.
Separate checks

Saturday June 28th:

8:00AM Gates open
9:00-1:30 Car Show & Time Trials
1:30 Car Show awards
2:00 Eliminations
5:00 PM (or after eliminations) we will hand out the awards at the track
7:15PM - ??

Billygan's RoadHouse
18000 SW Lower Boones Ferry Rd, Tigard
(503) 684-3482
Seating arrangements reserved under "Turbo Thunder Racers" thru Michael. Arrangements have been made for separate checks, the manager asked that we be patient when cashing out as this large of a party on separate checks will take a little longer. They will not seat us until at least half of the group shows up. If at least half the group is not there by 7:35 (20 mins late) they will seat who is there and the rest of the seats will be given up so please try to show up on time.

Questions? Call (503) 703-1274 (Kathy Loney¡¦s Cell)

Thanks!

Thanks for all the details Dave, Your (and Kathy) are on top of it!
It's all coming together super and we are all looking forward to a hellva time!

Back