Ttop repair ? Costs?

Take it to a friends this week to use his gas MIG so I can spot weld in the ttop header panel. The MIG i have wasnt bonding the metals. Then apply some metal body filler on the ttop header panel and the rear area to sand it out. Then paint the pieces, and body adhesive the retainet strips on and install the weatherstripping. Also got to apply the POR15 to the floor pans , but I'm going to put a coat on tonight.

Sounds like alot , but once i get the last bit of welding done the rest should but pretty easy.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395607035.456661.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395607045.430613.jpg

Got the ttop header panel welded, waiting on some metal body filler to dry then its on to sanding.

I really need to know about the fit and finish of those seals. Great price on them. Ttop seals will be the bottle neck when I get to that point at the body shop.

May be longer depending on if its getting paint or not. If it is im leaving the seals off until the ttop areas along with the car get sprayed.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396296536.193391.jpg

Anybody with a ttop have a pic of the inner door area, trying to figure out how these 6 plastic pieces I took off go.

Looks as it turned out a nice project. Not sure of what your time is worth but not so much cash out of pocket?

Just parts and I paid a buddy about 100$ in labor to help with the new floor pan.

Also got 480$ into a nice air compressor , needed one anyways though.

Good to see your taking on a project that you have and enjoying and turning out . Next?

Mine is all assembled but i can pic it for you? I think i saved your # if you want some pics ill send them on over

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app