You can type here any text you want

Tune up help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnfan231

Anyone know a good GN tuner in D.C. Area? Having problems tuning new motor and I am out of ideas.
Motor is fresh....030 over, stock crank, new rods, pistons, comp 212/212 hyd roller, ta-49, 42lbs inj. Runs great until it goes over 10lbs of boost. Backfiring through intake. Have turbot weak chip for 42lbs injectors,92octane. Done all the standard tuneup stuff with no luck.

Thanks
Bill

Take the car up 95 to Jim Dunn. Prob 1 1\2 hours. Well worth the ride. He can fix it. Sounds electrical or not enough fuel.

Jim Dunn 610-721-4695. Face book page,Buick Turbo Preformance, check it out has some nice stuff on it.

It's a bit longer than 1 1/2 drive probably 2.5 to 3 from DC. Good news is that he does great work with these cars. Great guy to deal with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another option is about 2 hours south in VA is Steve V. Great guy does great work and knows these cars really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently ran into a similar problem the car once it hit 10# boost would backfire & miss, After going into paralysis by analysis it turned out to be the LS-1 MAF sensor. There are many other things that could cause a similar complaint but if you have the same MAF it's worth a look. I'm guessing that K&N filter oil besides vibration from a solid MAF pipe is one of the reasons for sensor failure the hot wire portion can get fouled from oil residue giving debris a path to contaminate it.

Back