Tunerpro RT issues?

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
Why does the turnerproRT show 0's for the whole spark map? Is the T31 XDF the issue maybe?

Why does the turnerproRT show 0's for the whole spark map? Is the T31 XDF the issue maybe?

Sounds like you need an xdf file to match the rev. you're running in Translator Pro.

Oooops. sorry, I assumed too much.

What's your setup/chip/etc.

Which spark map are you looking at?

4" Abaco maf using 0-255 simulation, and a turbotweak v.5.6 chip for now. I am looking at the main spark advance table. Any bin file i put in shows 0 for timing in all boxes. I am using the t31 xdf file provided by turnerproRT.

Yes all the other data shows up, except the main spark table all has zeros in it.

could be an error in the xdf or a feature of Erics chips.......

Bob

It does it in every bin file i tested so far, not just TT bins. Can i use the translator pro xdf instead?

problem fixed, i found another xdf version and found the values of the correct hex address. I will get it fixed on the tunerproRT site. :cool:

Here you go.. working T31 xdf

Attachments

• T31.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 104
I tired that definition file, and still get zeros in all the bins I've looked at.

See attached screen shot.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• GN Chip.jpg
    GN Chip.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 514
Are you sure you overwrited your existing xdf file? I just checked it does work.

I am having some issues, doing some changes to Bin files. Seems i have to shut off the checksum by changing the ID mask to AA in tunepro RT. What would be the negative effects of doing this? AS soon as i make a change to a bin file I get code 51 if i do not do this?:confused:

chip tuning 101

its supposed to work that way.

The only downside is that the ECM will have a harder time detecting a bad chip (thats what the checksum is for).

Once you have your tune nailed down, turn the checksum back on.

Bob

Chip Tuning 101...

Which Scalar(s) would you use to do something simple, like an injector size change?

Injector Constant looks like a pretty good place to start? Or are there other values that you should change at the same time.

That would work, but its going to make the car richer or leaner all over, might be something to try and watch how the blm;s react.

Checksum Generator

If you make changes to the chip file and want the checksum to be correct (as you should) then use the attached program. Just select the file, click Calculate Checksum then Save file. I included the ability to turn on/off the checksum test in the file just in case a special circumstance required it.

Dennis

Attachments

• Checksum_Generator.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 94
Thanks, thats a neat little program to have.

You're welcome Norbs. I didn't want you to drive around with a bad checksum hanging out.:D

Dennis

Dennis, you definitely have alot of stuff fot the TB DIY world. Haven't talked to you in a bit, My TB has been parked for months. Glad to see there are still people trying to tune there own stuff.