Tuning Basics

I see a large front mount and smaller "upgraded" turbo. That's going to surge for sure. No alky so unless you run 100 ul octane your mods are for nothing. Best you'll be able to run without damage is about 16lbs, not much more than stock. That turbo will need at least 21 to out perform a stock turbo.

I see a large front mount and smaller "upgraded" turbo. That's going to surge for sure. No alky so unless you run 100 ul octane your mods are for nothing. Best you'll be able to run without damage is about 16lbs, not much more than stock. That turbo will need at least 21 to out perform a stock turbo.
Also larger injectors were visible according to the dealer but not sure what size. They said it’s set at 22lbs currently. E85 perhaps???

It's possible it's E85 but the dealer should know that. If they ran gasoline at 22 and the chip was set for E85 the engine was rattled. The injectors are skinny so they are either 60s or 80s. I see a rag on the drivers side vent. Oil is getting pushed out if they rap a rag around it. Looks oily below it. Could be building pressure inside the block. Got some wires scabbed on to the module plug which in not a good idea. Extra wires on the alternator might be from the dual fans.

It's got a unknown MAF too. It's not stock. It must have a MAF translator for it to work.

Here's what I would do as a guy who's bought a few Buick's sight unseen and been around them a good while.

Get the car home. Find the Boost controller and turn the boost down as far as it will go. I believe counter clockwise on the knob. Pull the oil out of the car and examine the heck out of it. Replace it with good oil (I use VR1 Valvoline 20/50) and make sure to put a Napa Gold or Wix Filter on it. The part numbers can be found here.

Next, When the car is running again, go through the scanmaster and check all the readings including any possible engine codes. You can search here for a list of what the scanmaster should typically show on a good running car.

Ok, all that looks good, Pull the lower kick panel on the passenger side and remove the ECM. There is a little screw that takes the plate off that hides the chip. Remove it and figure out what you have. If it's not a Turbo Tweak than replace it with a Turbo Tweek that's set up for this car.

After it's back in. Change the plugs. There are a few things people like here so find out what you want to go with. Guys use Autolite, AC Delco or NGK. Again, the part numbers can be found while searching here. I use NGK UR5 right now. Sometimes I try others for the heck of it. I've not had good experiences with the Autolites in these cars for some reason. Only Delco and NGK.

Go around the whole motor and check every vacuum line. Zip tie the connections as they like to blow off. Make sure there are no rooted vacuum lines.

After you feel like the car is pretty stable and no alarming matters you are good to start making wide open throttle pulls. Make sure there is fresh 93 octane gas in there. At this point I would research how to tune with the scan master so you can start increasing boost and get back to 18-20 psi safely.

These are just some ideas about what I think your original question was.

Very appreciative of all the feedback guys. I hopefully have found an experienced GN guy here in the area that could help investigate this thing as well once it arrives as well.

Appreciate the links, but never said anything about planning on running e85, much less with 20# injectors. Must have misread.
Yea my bad bud but yea just read up there is a lot of material on the good ol inter web .

Update for anyone curious. Car arrived today. Does have a TT chip. Boost not near as high as dealer claimed. Emailing Erik to see what he can tell me based off the chip.

Attachments

• F4F18869-A734-407E-80BB-E0232B9C4033.jpeg
    F4F18869-A734-407E-80BB-E0232B9C4033.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
That make WAY more sense. The turbo is probably a TA49. Next to nothing for a performance gain for it at 16. Can you get 93 octane where you are?

Update for anyone curious. Car arrived today. Does have a TT chip. Boost not near as high as dealer claimed. Emailing Erik to see what he can tell me based off the chip.
thats a soft pump gas tune your good on the pump if boost is kept in that 16 psi range.

My only concern is that Eric said it was specifically programmed for a stock car with only 60# injectors. Seems like that doesn’t match what’s on the car. Boost gauge is reading closer to 20lbs. ScanMaster O2 in the 750-850 range with 1-3 degrees of knock if you punch it.

Then stop punching it and turn it down to 16. Baby steps man. Get familiar with the car at 16lbs, (so long as theres no knock) enjoy it while you learn as much as you can about what youre driving.