Tuning services at Richard Clarks in Burlington NC

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
If anyone is interested I am currently offering tuning services in Burlington North Carolina. If you have XFI (if you need a new base XFI tune it will come from Cal), chip, power logger, etc.....please feel free to PM me. I am in the process of tuning customer cars currently for Richard himself and have full use of his Mustang Dyno and his facility. If you simply want to know how much horsepower your car makes we will be glad to do so just PM me. If you are a serious racer looking for the edge over the competition we can also arrange to have Cal @ Hartline Performance take care of your tuning needs in Burlington.....

Thanks!

Clint, I will be looking you up in the near future.

John

Last edited:
If anyone is interested I am currently offering tuning services in Burlington North Carolina. If you have XFI (if you need a new base XFI tune it will come from Cal), chip, power logger, etc.....please feel free to PM me. I am in the process of tuning customer cars currently for Richard himself and have full use of his Mustang Dyno and his facility. If you simply want to know how much horsepower your car makes we will be glad to do so just PM me. If you are a serious racer looking for the edge over the competition we can also arrange to have Cal @ Hartline Performance take care of your tuning needs in Burlington.....

Thanks!
That's cool. It's time for me to make a little run up there. I want to see where my mess is, I think it needs to be tweaked a little bit. I'll let you know . Tell Richard hello for me. Pat, Eric, Jim too...Ron from Fayetteville

That's cool. It's time for me to make a little run up there. I want to see where my mess is, I think it needs to be tweaked a little bit. I'll let you know . Tell Richard hello for me. Pat, Eric, Jim too...Ron from Fayetteville

Lemme know. I can fit you in anytime during the week...

Lemme know. I can fit you in anytime during the week...
Word, right now the radiator is out of my car. 2 year old 3 row aluminum one that everybody sells went bad, cant be fixed. The vendor is helping me out so after I get that behind me....( it's always something ain't it )

I have an open slot tomorrow (6.04) for a some dyno pulls...... PM me if you would like to attend.

Thanks....

I got sydwyndr to tune my car at richard shop yesterday and its runing better then it ever has. I had some boost creep issues so we had to machine out the wastegate hole. Which didnt take long at richards shop he has everthing its awesome. Thanks to clint and richard for everthing you guys are awesome

You welcome sir..... Richard has the tools for everything... Most all turbos that are sold today that are set up for a THDP style downpipe should really mark and port the hole BEFORE installation to avoid boost creep issues. This hole was roughly 1.250 in size after the machining... DO not forget that you can't just open the hole up from its current location. You need to mark where the wastegate puck sits againt the housing as some of them arent centered
20150604_144211.jpg
20150604_144345.jpg
20150604_144353.jpg

Last edited:
Man I've been side tracked with my move and being tied up weekend now as my wife works, I need to get going on the car here soon. I haven't been up to Richards shop in 3 months, but did get the parts I was waiting on in. Seeing the progress JR has made with his car has me jelly...hahaha

More than just a tune....... 40 more HP without boost level change

Big Thanks to Clint Atkins and Richard Clark for the tune, trouble shooting , repair and education. On tune alone Clint added 40 more HP running the same amount of boost (19lbs) . This was not just a tune and send you on your way. Clint spent a lot of time on the pre tune checklist teaching me and fixing problems that could have been catastrophic if not caught and fixed. Clint has addressed a couple of issues and what I need to do before the next tune that we hope to get another 30 to 40 HP gain. Small items to fix and less than $200 in parts as well as he educated me to exactly what I need and don't need. Clint is helping me make a plan and giving direction on what needs to be done next to gain more safe horse power and not waste a bunch of money on things that does not work or damage the car.

Thanks again to Richard and his staff for taking the time to help me fix and trouble shoot the internal waste gate that the previous owner was unable to fix and had installed an external waste gate that gave out during tuning. Without their help in stopping what they were working on and helping to fix this problem we would have been done half way through the tune. Richard spent a lot of time on other issues to get ready for the tune and taught me a lot and cleared up a lot of questions I had.

Thanks again

In this age of technology would you be able to do some tuning or consulting for the very remote guys utilizing video, powerlogger files etc. I would be more than than happy to pay for some expert advice. There just isn't anyone close up here.
Thx

More than just a tune....... 40 more HP without boost level change

Big Thanks to Clint Atkins and Richard Clark for the tune, trouble shooting , repair and education. On tune alone Clint added 40 more HP running the same amount of boost (19lbs) . This was not just a tune and send you on your way. Clint spent a lot of time on the pre tune checklist teaching me and fixing problems that could have been catastrophic if not caught and fixed. Clint has addressed a couple of issues and what I need to do before the next tune that we hope to get another 30 to 40 HP gain. Small items to fix and less than $200 in parts as well as he educated me to exactly what I need and don't need. Clint is helping me make a plan and giving direction on what needs to be done next to gain more safe horse power and not waste a bunch of money on things that does not work or damage the car.

Thanks again to Richard and his staff for taking the time to help me fix and trouble shoot the internal waste gate that the previous owner was unable to fix and had installed an external waste gate that gave out during tuning. Without their help in stopping what they were working on and helping to fix this problem we would have been done half way through the tune. Richard spent a lot of time on other issues to get ready for the tune and taught me a lot and cleared up a lot of questions I had.

Thanks again

Cant wait to get it back on the rollers to add some more power to it, pucker your ass a bit more:D:D