Rescheduled-Houston - Bison Dyno Tuning - 2017

Such a great event, thank you to Brian for coming out and tuning our cars and even staying after to help troubleshoot some! Thank you to Jerryl too for coordinating the event, i truly wish we can do this again in the future with more attendees.

The dyno itself wasn't reading HP, torque, or RPMs accurately, so unfortunately we didn't get any accurate numbers there. Luckily, i have XFI on my car so i took it as a place to make safe hits and work on the tune to make sure:

1. The targets set for timing and a/f are as close to actual
2. The car was mechanically sound elsewhere, and through the use of our butt dyno determine if i can raise the boost or if i would be maxed out based the limitations of my combo.

We made a total of only 4 hits on my car, and Brian was able to determine the its ready to hit the track. All of the hits on the dyno were at 25-26 psi. We tried turning it up on the last two hits, however with an internal wastegate it looks like the hole i have for the puck is too large.

The Butt dyno says about 620hp to the wheels, and if you factor 20% drivetrain loss that's 775 at the fly wheel. But since we used the butt dyno, and are unsure of actual drivetrain losses, those numbers aren't 100% accurate. I do trust Brian though, and if he says it's around 620 to the wheels then given the amount of cars he's tuned in the past i'll put money on the fact it's close to that.

I was having all sorts of issues with my car so i wasn't sure if i was even going to be able to dyno it. This morning i kept blowing my ignition fuses, luckily i figured that one out pretty quick but then my Alky Control kit wasn't getting any power! Scratched my head for hours, traced essentially the entire wiring harness for the kit and found nothing. My original dyno time was 11:45 AM, and we were finding these issues at 11 while being 40 minutes away still. So i called Jerryl, and luckily i was able to switch with the guy who was supposed to go at 5:15. So that gave me time to fix the issues, which wound up being the loose CAT 5 (?) connection under the dash for the alky control. It's the old school telephone cord one. Plugged those two connections to each other and alky kit worked fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_8569.JPG

Such a great event, thank you to Brian for coming out and tuning our cars and even staying after to help troubleshoot some! Thank you to Jerryl too for coordinating the event, i truly wish we can do this again in the future with more attendees.

The dyno itself wasn't reading HP, torque, or RPMs accurately, so unfortunately we didn't get any accurate numbers there. Luckily, i have XFI on my car so i took it as a place to make safe hits and work on the tune to make sure:

1. The targets set for timing and a/f are as close to actual
2. The car was mechanically sound elsewhere, and through the use of our butt dyno determine if i can raise the boost or if i would be maxed out based the limitations of my combo.

We made a total of only 4 hits on my car, and Brian was able to determine the its ready to hit the track. All of the hits on the dyno were at 25-26 psi. We tried turning it up on the last two hits, however with an internal wastegate it looks like the hole i have for the puck is too large.

The Butt dyno says about 620hp to the wheels, and if you factor 20% drivetrain loss that's 775 at the fly wheel. But since we used the butt dyno, and are unsure of actual drivetrain losses, those numbers aren't 100% accurate. I do trust Brian though, and if he says it's around 620 to the wheels then given the amount of cars he's tuned in the past i'll put money on the fact it's close to that.

I was having all sorts of issues with my car so i wasn't sure if i was even going to be able to dyno it. This morning i kept blowing my ignition fuses, luckily i figured that one out pretty quick but then my Alky Control kit wasn't getting any power! Scratched my head for hours, traced essentially the entire wiring harness for the kit and found nothing. My original dyno time was 11:45 AM, and we were finding these issues at 11 while being 40 minutes away still. So i called Jerryl, and luckily i was able to switch with the guy who was supposed to go at 5:15. So that gave me time to fix the issues, which wound up being the loose CAT 5 (?) connection under the dash for the alky control. It's the old school telephone cord one. Plugged those two connections to each other and alky kit worked fine.

Man, those are some impressive numbers!! This is an excellent event and one that I certainly hope to be able to attend next year! Congrats on the numbers and getting it worked out in time to make pulls. And thanks for posting!!!

Man, those are some impressive numbers!! This is an excellent event and one that I certainly hope to be able to attend next year! Congrats on the numbers and getting it worked out in time to make pulls. And thanks for posting!!!

Thank you! It was definitely cool to meet the other guys there, this was the first time i had been to an event like this

Last year was very cold a very rainy but still a blast. I had planned the trip for yesterday not knowing my stepdaughters wedding was the same morning. Hmm, decisions decisions.:banghead:

Gents,
It was a pleasure meeting and seeing each of you. This was a great event with great Teamwork and camaraderie. I hope each of you was able to achieve what you set out to do, whether it was a final tune, or determining what to work on next. I also want to thank Bison for being so easy to work with, his undying work ethic, and sharing real world experiences to ensure the sport doesn't diminish. Thank you, and all the best on your journey towards increased performance and or reliability!

Finally have a few minutes to summarize my thoughts:

Every dyno session is filled with various opportunities at every level, and this was no exception.

My car wasn't as ready as I thought. I had an issue with my one off custom alky system so we had to abort the testing. I will get it figured out but . . . . VERY glad we found it on the dyno and not on the street.

The HA had a few issues but I confirmed what to do next following Bison counsel.

Everyone assisted in many ways and there was true team work on display thoughout. We all worked together. Thank you all for making this a success!

A special thanks to Jamcar223, a true Buick brother and Buick stud. James was at the shop VERY EARLY, as soon as we unloaded my car, even though he wasn't testing. He assisted strapping many cars down thoughout the day, and stayed untill almost the end. Much appreciated James. Thank you!

And last but not least;
I think speak for each of the attendees: Unbelievable display of both knowledge and talent from Bison. It is an extremely comfortable feeling to have one of the very best in the business confirming, correcting, tweaking, and teaching. I just can't say enough how easy he is to work with. THANK YOU Bison, for taking time out from your family and shop to assist us !! We had a blast!!!

And last but not least;
I think speak for each of the attendees: Unbelievable display of both knowledge and talent from Bison. It is an extremely comfortable feeling to have one of the very best in the business confirming, correcting, tweaking, and teaching. I just can't say enough how easy he is to work with. THANK YOU Bison, for taking time out from your family and shop to assist us !! We had a blast!!!

^^^^^
Could not agree more.

Increases ranged from 0 -150 hp.
Zero on my car because it wasn't ready for the dyno. Haha