Gaging interest: Dyno tuning Houston.

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
I am working on getting Bison in to do dyno tuning in Houston.

Bison does both chip and aftermarket systems and is one of the best out there period. This is not a dyno pull but a dyno tune. To prove my confidence, he will be tuning my white car.

No date is set because a lot needs to happen. The date is set by dyno availability, and Bison's schedule. There will be plenty of notice.

Early price estimate is about $400-500 per car depending on how many commitments we get. Looking for about 6-7 cars max. Each car gets about 1 1/2 hour. This will vary but cars with problems that can't be fixed on the dyno will need to be pulled off.

The commitments will have to be firm meaning cash in hand. If unable to make the date . . . which happens . . . There will be charges to the tune of $400 if cancelled within 3 weeks, $300 in 5 weeks, because plane tickets and dyno time will already be purchased & scheduled.

Access to the event may need to be limited because we need to have those who pay spend quality time with Bison. Yes I know he is famous but the paparazzi will need to be kept at bay. Lol

Anyone interested?

Last edited:
Let me know what date(s) you have in mind and we can get them on the schedule if they aren't conflicting. All stock ECU tuning will be logged and recorded with a powerlogger ecu that I will bring if you don't currently have one. Low z injectors no problem. I can order chips based on the tune at that point to mirror what we did on the dyno and I can also redo the timing curve to get more performance and reliability out of the combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm am 2.5 hours east of Houston so I might be able to make it provided my motor is finished.

Hey guys. No decisions have been made regardimg time or place. Will start working on all of it when we have more interest.

Only looking for a few good men. :cool:

Hello all, Im from Galveston. I just picked up a 1986 T-Type ordered the tunable chip from TT , I have it installed and needing it tuned, it has a start up tune in it now and Im new to the tuning stuff and will need some help . anyone know of a good tuner that has worked with the bucks that i could call on? Im also about to start building a new engine with forged internals and all the goodies and supplying air with 76 mm turbo. will be needing that tuned as well,

Brian, do you have experience with hp tuners?
Minimal. I don't have the software. I might buy a dyno next spring and at that time I'll definitely have it

I am the HP guy GBGN1....know we have talked before, what are you tuning with HP? Rabbit check your PMs.

Minimal. I don't have the software. I might buy a dyno next spring and at that time I'll definitely have it

Ive got Hp tuners pro on the car right now . Nothing to buy just tune but tables are different than a Fast set up. Its ok I just thought Id ask. If the time tables right I"m still interested in my WE4 with a fast classic getting tuned. If this happens.

I am the HP guy GBGN1....know we have talked before, what are you tuning with HP? Rabbit check your PMs.

Kyle, yes you were supposed to tune my car on a few occasions but something always came up on your side. I want to get my 87T 3800 car tuned (98 PCM Camaro) Maf tune. Very neat car. runs good now but needs a power tune.

Hmmmmm.....seems like I had this discussion the other day?!
Yeah we did. Trying to word this in a way it does not come accross negatively.

I am sure you are an excellent tuner with lots of experience and confident you can get it done.
Its also about a comfort level with a tuner, on a variety of chip types on our platform. The people who have expressed interest need to have a voice as well.

Ive got Hp tuners pro on the car right now . Nothing to buy just tune but tables are different than a Fast set up. Its ok I just thought Id ask. If the time tables right I"m still interested in my WE4 with a fast classic getting tuned. If this happens.
I can tune the fueling and timing curves. No problem. Bring both cars

Yeah we did. Trying to word this in a way it does not come accross negatively.

I am sure you are an excellent tuner with lots of experience and confident you can get it done.
Its also about a comfort level with a tuner, on a variety of chip types on our platform. The people who have expressed interest need to have a voice as well.

No worries.....I did outline to you in our discussion that I don't burn EPROMS, but from what I am reading I don't think Bison does either. Outside of that my reputation speaks for itself. Certainly those that are receiving the service can make a choice based on their needs. I just thought it odd that you reach out to me and then this pops up.

Kyle, yes you were supposed to tune my car on a few occasions but something always came up on your side. I want to get my 87T 3800 car tuned (98 PCM Camaro) Maf tune. Very neat car. runs good now but needs a power tune.

Well, lets see if we can put something together....let me know your schedule and we can get some dyno time lined up.