Gaging interest: Dyno tuning Houston.

Yes, I did that with Cal at a dyno tune but all the cars were XFI. Couple of key strokes and 100 more hp.:notworthy:

Jerryl, I'd like to hear more about the alky setup you have. Unless its top secret of course.

I will be creating a new thread to see if there is interest for another Bison session.

Sorry, I know this is almost a year old tread, but, I was curious on how everything was layed out. What I mean by this, was the 400$ to 500$ a car price. Did this include Bison's plane tickets, hotel or motel and the speed shop that supplied the dyno?
Thanks ahead of time.
Marco

Your assumptions would be correct. It was an all inclusive price, that included his travel, lodging, and the dyno shop rental.

Your assumptions would be correct. It was an all inclusive price, that included his travel, lodging, and the dyno shop rental.
Thank you,
Is there a minimum of cars needed? How much does Bison charge to displace himself to come for a dyno tune. I am talking about without his travel, lodging and dyno shop rental.
Thanks again
Marco

I can't speak for Bison, but in general, anybody's services can be bought. Question is... how much are you willing to pay? With that being said, an individual dyno session is likely to cost $1000/ hour. (2) cars could be $850... (3) cars $750... (4) cars $600, etc. That's why you need a few COMMITTED car owners to make a dyno session affordable for everyone involved ( Tuner, Dyno shop, Car owners ). Your price could vary depending on the # of cars, the dyno rental fee, the tuners fee, any applicable travel, lodging, and most important .. the amount of time your car requires on the dyno. My suggestion is get 4-5 committed car owners, find a dyno shop in your area that is willing to allow someone else to operate it ( not all shops are willing to do that ) talk to Bison about dates, times, travel, and cost. You can see again that this takes commitment, from everyone involved, so getting a deposit from car owners would be a good way to " lock it in ". For " gear-head" guys like us, this is always a fun way to learn. Throw some burgers on the grill, and make a day of it. BTW, you wont be disappointed in Bison's knowledge, but you have likely figured that out by now, or you would not be pondering this idea. There is a new thread posted in the REGIONAL / TEXAS section of this site ( you might want to follow to model your own dyno session), as we are planning to do this again in several weeks. Good luck! James-

Thank you,
Is there a minimum of cars needed? How much does Bison charge to displace himself to come for a dyno tune. I am talking about without his travel, lodging and dyno shop rental.
Thanks again
Marco

As stated by Jamcar:
Minimum is one car. Lol.
Please contact Bison directly for pricing and your needs.

As stated by Jamcar:
Minimum is one car. Lol.
Please contact Bison directly for pricing and your needs.
Wrote to him a few weeks ago, about getting a custom roller cam from him, Pace carter recommended him to me. He wrote back to me, seems like a great guy, seems to really know his stuff.

Would love to get my car tuned by a guy like Bison or Cal Hartline. I just think it would be way to costly for me. I am up here in Montreal, Canada and the exchange rate is not that great for us. I also think it would be hard to get enough guys. There would be me , my brother and maybe another guy. Not enough guys to get a descent deal. But I would really love to get my car tuned by someone who really knows these cars one day.

Would love to get my car tuned by a guy like Bison or Cal Hartline. I just think it would be way to costly for me. I am up here in Montreal, Canada and the exchange rate is not that great for us. I also think it would be hard to get enough guys. There would be me , my brother and maybe another guy. Not enough guys to get a descent deal. But I would really love to get my car tuned by someone who really knows these cars one day.
Cal is in FLA and you are pretty close to Bison.

I have customers drive down from Canada. Montreal isn't that far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk