Tuning the Alkycontrol kit

tuning

Good illustrations. I hope to get an alkycontrol kit in a gray car soon :D Keep up the good work razor.

Got mine installed today... now I need to tune it...

First time out of the garage.... after system was purged.... default settings on extender chip....default on translator.... car popped and farted and surged above 5 psi.... ended up cutting alky back to like 10 o'clock position.. and trimming WOT fuel back on the translator to like 4% lean. This helped alot..... All my mods are in my sig.... I think my best pass tonight... it didn't pull exactly smooth....until I got into 3rd and the converter locked..... then she was pulling nicely.... this pass was an 8.24 @ 85 mph with a horrible 1.96 60' time.... just wouldn't hook. this was with 2-3 deg of retard through the run... alky knob around 9 o'clock...(probably cut the alky back a little too much). O2's were about 810 until I got in 3rd.. then they progressively dropped to around 750 or 760 .. Does it need more fuel?.... or do I need to cut the alky up some... and then the boost a little? Boost on that run was probably 20# ... maybe a little more.

What do I need to do with my BLM's? They run in the low 130's most of the time just cruising around...I can compensate for this with the chip.... does this need to be sitting real close to 128... cruising around? If so... I need to do the compensation in the chip..... and then I will have to trim WOT fuel back some more to keep it from being fat at WOT.

Forgive me if this is tuning 101.... but I am a newb on this alky tuning.

I try and keep this thread for reference purposes, and not let it get diluted. Any questions on specific tuning of the kit, Please start a new thread or call :)

Now..
Blazer406. if you have a translator you may be experiencing interference getting into the translator cuasing it to buck and surge as it comes up on boost. There is a relay module I make that cures this condition.

Part of the tuning instructions included with the kit say "then proceed to increase the boost level observing how the engine feels and assure there is no surging when the alcohol is spraying. If this part is passed, watch your knock gauge, and roll into the throttle to your desired boost level." The transition into alcohol has to be seemless, or your motor will not achieve its potential.

Cutting back alky is not the way to fix issues. Cutting back fuel is. And this is with a properly setup/tuned car to begin with.

Lastly you tune the car with fuel first.. get it running 110% then put the injection system on and work dialing it in. Observing knock as the primary concern.

More than likely your having interference with the translator.. thats to start..

HTH

PS.. start a brand new thread with a specific question. That way issues can be dealt with one at a time instead of trying to disect through a tangled fish line :wink:

screamindemon2 said:
:confused: What is the performance difference between race gas & methanol injection

You should start a new thread as this one pertains to tuning my system.

I'll type it again :)

"I try and keep this thread for reference purposes, and not let it get diluted. Any questions on specific tuning of the kit, Please start a new thread or call"

To answer your question, depends on how you tune, and who you ask. To me I feel I make more power with methanol injection and pump gas than with race gas.

Now.. homework assignment :eek:
Read.. read .. read.. you have like 60 pages :)

Lets stay on topic PLEAZS ;)

Reg ac-delco will be fine. dont know the exact part #'s but those could be found on gnttype.org. however the difference is the gap since you will be running higher boost you will want to bring the gap down to a tight .32 to avoid popping.

Razor said:
You should start a new thread as this one pertains to tuning my system.

I'll type it again :)

Hey guys.... Like Razor is asking......start a thread elsewhere... this is a sticky... mainly for Razor to provide tuning tips.... that will always be at the top of the list.... these other posts dilute the intended information...... He is asking for you to start a thread elswhere.....

Don't worry... I made the same mistake..... just look further up this thread......

Now....there are plenty of people that will help.... just start another thread....

Blazer406 said:
Hey guys.... Like Razor is asking......start a thread elsewhere... this is a sticky... mainly for Razor to provide tuning tips.... that will always be at the top of the list.... these other posts dilute the intended information...... He is asking for you to start a thread elswhere.....

Don't worry... I made the same mistake..... just look further up this thread......

Now....there are plenty of people that will help.... just start another thread....

ok superman like you said TUNING TIPS, wink wink, this is a tuning tip that im awaiting from RAZOR, i just bought a brand new set from him on monday, so im asking HIM for tips. :mad:

Thanks for that wealth of information! I am new to the Alky Inj. world. Exactly how does it work and what are the pros and cons of its use?

Thanks for that wealth of information! I am new to the Alky Inj. world. Exactly how does it work and what are the pros and cons of its use?

Hey Wayne, where in DFW are ya? I'm in Grand Prairie off I20 and Carrier Pkwy/Belt Line area. I'm not a Buick guy but I use Julio's kit and am quite happy with it. Perhaps I could bribe you into swingin' by sometime. I'll be glad to show you his kit on a working car. It's pretty cool!

B

Thanks for that nice wealth of information. My 85 has a Garrett turbo with M-10 stamped on it, what does that mean, how big is it? The housing has A/R 63 M3 G1 stamped on it. any information would be appreciated. 214 586 6915 TX anytime.

Wow, great write up. Julio I believe I spoke with you today around 1 pm your time, I called from Missouri, wished I had more time to talk but work was calling me. I look forward to placing my order shortly.

Wideband reading of 11.9 is too lean, 10.8 - 11.0 is more reasonable.
Mike

Agree. Single nozzle kits 10.8-11.0
Twin nozzle kits 10.0-10.5 is typical.

I need to re-write up this thread.. was done a long time ago. :eek: