You can type here any text you want

Tuning with new alky system

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BOP4ever

I just got the alkycontrol all wired up and took it for a test drive and found that at 5 it floods the car out turn down to 3 and it was ok this is with the chip adding 16% fuel . Running about 15 psi boost right now. The car has zero knock without alcohol at this fuel setting. So should I bring the fueling down or raise the boost. Where to start? Oh running denatured right now I had a gallon left .
Looking for a source to get methanol.

Should have mentioned I was getting O2's in the 740 to 760 range, but am using a Bosh O2 sensor that after talking to Julio last night was told thye are junk and I need a Denso.
Then I read here that Bison likes the Bosh better that it was more active... :confused:
I also read the Bosh reads lower O2's so I should tune for zero knock and not so much O2 readings...:confused:
SO I was thinking back the fuel down to ~ +5% and re-test and then start bring the boost up a pound or 2 increasing the alcohol gain knob as needed to keep knock at zero.... Is this right ? :confused:
I don't want another head gasket problem.:mad::(
The chip was burned for my combo at 23-24 PSI so that is the end point I hope to get there and have a mid 11 second car...:cool:

BOP4ever said:
Should have mentioned I was getting O2's in the 740 to 760 range, but am using a Bosh O2 sensor that after talking to Julio last night was told thye are junk and I need a Denso.
Then I read here that Bison likes the Bosh better that it was more active... :confused:
I also read the Bosh reads lower O2's so I should tune for zero knock and not so much O2 readings...:confused:
SO I was thinking back the fuel down to ~ +5% and re-test and then start bring the boost up a pound or 2 increasing the alcohol gain knob as needed to keep knock at zero.... Is this right ? :confused:
I don't want another head gasket problem.:mad::(
The chip was burned for my combo at 23-24 PSI so that is the end point I hope to get there and have a mid 11 second car...:cool:

There isn't a narrow o2 out there that is accurate at random a/f's. They are accurate around 14.7:1. They aren't meant to work properly at other ratios. The ex is too hot and the ex pressure is too high. I liked the 3 wire Bosch because it went into closed loop the fastest and was most active in closed loop. Id buy a wideband if I was looking to tune for power. I haven't used a narrow o2 for over 10 years as a reference for any tuning.

put the chip back to the factory setting. Put the Alky kit back on 6 and tune from there. Leave the alky at 6 and pull or add fuel from there IMOP

Today I found my AC issue I'd pulled the plug loose by the map sensor so I take it for another drive put 4 rounds in on the waste gate it was just about all the way backed out before and changed the fueling back to just plus 5% fuel . Set the alky gain back to 5 and it ran great better I think than it ever has boost was 16 psi and it will light the tires up punching it from a 10 mph roll and spin most of the way through 2nd now. I never had a bit of knock even backing the gain down to 3 on the system. Thinking about trying 18 psi tomorrow leaving the fuel as is for now . Gotta find a methanol source this is addicting !!!

put the chip back to the factory setting. Put the Alky kit back on 6 and tune from there. Leave the alky at 6 and pull or add fuel from there IMOP

x2. Why are you adding fuel if you have an alky chip? Reset the chip and turn the gain back up to 6. I just installed my alky control and turbotweak alky chip about a month ago. Gain set on 6, chip is on the factory settings. Everything works perfectly! The alky control comes with very specific setup instructions and it was a seamless transition for me. Once I get a wideband I will work on tweaking for more power.

I don't see a Scanmaster in your signature.

How are you measuring KR, 02's, etc?

Yes scanmaster 2.1 and caspers knock alarm are on the car.
I thought since my o2 was flirting with 700 I should put a bit more fuel.
Still burning slowly through my last gallon of denatured too.
Thanks for the input.

I just got the alkycontrol all wired up and took it for a test drive and found that at 5 it floods the car out turn down to 3 and it was ok this is with the chip adding 16% fuel . Running about 15 psi boost right now. The car has zero knock without alcohol at this fuel setting. So should I bring the fueling down or raise the boost. Where to start? Oh running denatured right now I had a gallon left .
Looking for a source to get methanol.

Go here - http://turbobuick.com/forums/posts/3011403/

Back