Turbine wheels...

jbunla

Guys I am confused, poured thru the numerous pages from the search feature, still no dice.
The T350 turbine wheel from Garrett comes in two trims? 70 and 76 obviously this will make the wheel specs different?!? what are this specs? Talked to turbonetics and they gave me the basic "tech spill" are there really two different wheels? This I assume is the famed stage 5 wheel, are all stage 5 wheels 10 bladed or not, the answer may help me understand the question I guess?!?

Here's the truth.

When it comes to the T350 Stage 5 wheel that Precision uses on their turbos, here are the specs on the wheel.

Wheel Style = T350

Wheel inducer = 2.795"

Wheel exducer = 2.437"

Wheel trim = 76

There is only one turbine wheel that PTE has used and it has always been this 76 trim turbine wheel.

Here is the link that shows all the compressor and turbine wheel info that PTE uses on their turbos.

Precision Turbo & Engine - Turbocharger, Intercooler, Fuel Injector, Performance Parts & more!

T-netics has probably experimented with the other smaller 70 trim wheel. Make sure you get a real Garrett T350 turbine wheel.
Just a little more info on the history of this wheel, in the beginning, when Garrett was perfecting the not released in the US at the time, GT technology back in the late 90's, they came out with this GT350 wheel. Once Garrett brought the GT technology over to the US the name of this wheel changed to T350. Basically, this wheel was one of the first GT technology wheels that they released before really giving us the true GT technology. Garrett Japan had all the GT technology for 5 years before we did. This includes the dual ball bearing technology. :rolleyes: Turbonetics gave this wheel the Stage 5 designation when they started producing it.
Hope this helps clear it up a little.

Patrick

Interesting...GOOD INFO, we just discussed this on another v6 forum...I was under the impression ALL staged 5 wheels were of turbonetics creation did not do critical thinking on PTE, limit etc :rolleyes: Apparently though turbonetics have two trims under the nomenclature "stage 5" so it will depend on who is producing what. Turbonetics have both a 10-bladed and 11-bladed Stage 5 wheel and I do believe they both fall under the 7X trim.
hth some...