You can type here any text you want

Turbo boost questions??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ccfr854@mac.com

I've got an 87 Buick GN with bluetop injectors, alky kit, and shift kit...right now its pushing about 18.5 to 19.5 pounds of boost.

What is the maximum psi i could go before worrying about damaging my car?

How much horsepower does each psi give?

What is the stock horsepower rating on a 87 buick GN?

I've got an 87 Buick GN with bluetop injectors, alky kit, and shift kit...right now its pushing about 18.5 to 19.5 pounds of boost.

What is the maximum psi i could go before worrying about damaging my car?

How much horsepower does each psi give?

What is the stock horsepower rating on a 87 buick GN?

It's like 7.59 hp per lb of boost. Most round it to 10 hp.
Turn the wick up as much as you want a little at a time until you get knock. Then back off a tad. As long as you can run hard without detonation you should be ok. Make sure you have a full tank of alky/methanol at all times - make sure the system is in tip top shape. If that thing cuts out on you, you are headed for trouble.

Stock 87 GN was 245 hp - and most speculate the actual to be closer to 300.

Making sure the car is in PERFECT running condition before going balls-out is paramount. Scan tool is a must.

Blue tops, you will run out of fuel soon. The scan tool will tell you your injector duty cycle. If you are too much over 100% WOT 3rd gear 51-5200 RPM - you are out of injector.

60lb Mototrons will fix that.

It's like 7.59 hp per lb of boost. Most round it to 10 hp.
Turn the wick up as much as you want a little at a time until you get knock. Then back off a tad. As long as you can run hard without detonation you should be ok. Make sure you have a full tank of alky/methanol at all times - make sure the system is in tip top shape. If that thing cuts out on you, you are headed for trouble.

Stock 87 GN was 245 hp - and most speculate the actual to be closer to 300.

Making sure the car is in PERFECT running condition before going balls-out is paramount. Scan tool is a must.

Now is that 245hp with or without the turbo?

thats with the turbo Ive never seen a NA HP rating but im sure some one on here knows what it is.

The scan tool will tell you your injector duty cycle. If you are too much over 100% WOT 3rd gear 51-5200 RPM - you are out of injector.

Not to hijack but what setting on a Scanmaster will tell me this? I'm going to go check mine.

you gotta have the fast update and correct datastream to get that info. talk to eric, or check his forums out.

Your blue tops will be fine for awhile. We went mid 11's on blue tops and alky before switching to 60's. At mid 11's we still had injector left, the reason for the switch was for WB correction

Back