You can type here any text you want

Turbo Chevy II wagon puts down 1160 RWHP and blows a tire on the dyno!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
FU*K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: Jesus, crap, holy, uhhhhhhhhh?, I'm lost for words! That freakin crazy! Good thing it happened on the dyno and not the track!

Ummm, that thing makes serious power but why did he stay in it so long?
It seems like he was asking for a problem.

The dyno is an eddy current style dyno and they were loading the rollers in order to make the pull longer to get more data. Its just like they do an an engine dyno when they load the enigne down and make the pull as long as they want. The dyno is also capable of simulating 1/8 and 1/4 passes. I have a vid somewhere of a car making a high 8 sec pass on the dyno.

Very badass ride! Like someone else said it's a good thing it happened on the dyno rather than on the track:eek:

The dyno is an eddy current style dyno and they were loading the rollers in order to make the pull longer to get more data. Its just like they do an an engine dyno when they load the enigne down and make the pull as long as they want. The dyno is also capable of simulating 1/8 and 1/4 passes. I have a vid somewhere of a car making a high 8 sec pass on the dyno.

Thanks Steve, I would like to see the other video when you have a chance to post it.

Wow ,that car makes some power :biggrin: , but if that tire would have let go at the track :eek:good thing it happend on the dyno...

WOW.. what happend afterwards?

Not much. He had a extra set of slicks and wheels in the trailer so he just changed the tire and made a couple more pulls. Here is a vid of it running a 5.26 1/8 mile pass a few days later. The car has very few passes on it and he is still working the bugs out of it. It ran 5.20 on its first outing to the track and should get into the 4's when its all said and done.

YouTube - true 10.5 nova wagon tydo wheelie

Oh my:eek:
Glad it was on the dyno, that wagon is one bad ride.
I liked the wheelie video, that was sweet...

When he was racing here at KCIR, the track was cold, and he kept blowing the tires off past the 1/8th

BW

Back