You can type here any text you want

Turbo Engine Machinist Central,IL?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
Hello,

I have the engine out of my car to update some things while I am building a new billet trans. I would like to have a "Reliable" mid 10 second street car so I am trying to make sure things are right with this build.

I have gotten off track with the "Might as wells" and have been contemplating doing billet main caps and a girdle as well as decking the head gasket surfaces . I have heard horror stories of "Chevy" machine shops destroying these engines with wrong setup processes. Who is located in Central Illinois or the surrounding are that is familiar with this machining process that I could have this done at?

I want to have this done right the first time. Are there any cautions/problems with buying caps/girdles used? Also what is the power level or benefit to using billet front and rear main caps?

Thank You, Dan

You are wise to avoid the chevy machinist. I don't know who is in your area but it may be well worth the cost of shipping to get your motor to a buick builder. Good luck.

Northwest suburbs of Chicago (Sleepy Hollow). Precision Engine and Machine - Rich Sliwinski

Thanks for the input guys. I will have to see what these shops have for a time schedule.

, Dan

There's a few guys in Chicago area that are good, talk to Steve (Beatav8) to steer you in the right direction. My old motor is running strong in one of his cars. Built by Rick. Blocks been 9's with caps. Don't know if he is still building motors tho. Jeremy (JDPolzin) seems to have good luck with his builder too. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. Othwise, Weber in Ohio or DLS in Indiana will be a good choice.

Back