Turbo Link Version

Syclone/Typhoon and Turbo-Link? :D

From what Ken told me, they were testing the Sy/Ty's with turbo-link last weekend. Apparently things went well. Well, that's what I'm hoping for.

Maybe Ken would explain for us!

Ken also eluded to using a LS1 ecm might be possible or might not but the LS1 ecm gives more data then even direct scan pulls....hmmm....

Originally posted by BoostedBug
Ken also eluded to using a LS1 ecm might be possible or might not but the LS1 ecm gives more data then even direct scan pulls....hmmm....

As tension builds on what Version 4 will be....

I heard that he is going to scrap the whole Ty/Sy project because most of the demmand has fallen off!! Through the grape--most of those guys have joined the leagues of the Buick!:)

Ah just kidding from your big bro...

In a nutshell, v4.0 allows for interfacing with the GM P4 family of ECMs. The ECM thing with LS1s is interesting, but if anything, it would be LT1s and something like that is way beyond what we're talking about here.

The "under the covers" stuff:
-
  • Software was rearchitected to allow for communication with P4s
  • Screens and datastreams are now dynamically loaded from an XML configuration file set (which makes it MUCH easier to add vehicles, screens, etc.!)
  • The communications driver is totally optimized and takes almost no CPU compared to v3.0
  • The GUI is optimized and we've had pretty good success running with the GN ECM on P133 laptops!
  • The first rollout of the new version will support the Sy/Tys as an additional vehicle
  • Additional updates (which will consist of a relatively small download of configuration files) will be forthcoming adding additional vehicles. In the works and ready for testing are setups for LT1 cars, TPI L98 cars, 4l60E equipped trucks, and 3800 Series I cars.

The idea is to add each vehicle type as we get it tested and QA'd. Then everyone can download it as a free update patch, since it will be config files (and not really software).

The new v4.0 stuff retains all the Buick goodies and adds the new capabilities for the other cars. The product continues to evolve (we are working on OBDII and some other neat stuff).

Ken I know this is a way off but will us ver 3.0 guys be able to upgrade to 4.0, or will we have to start all over with 4.0?

As always, we'll take care of the current customers. Upgrades will be pretty cheap... FREE for the software and minimal for the hardware.

We'll have details out next week with the newsletter and the web site. We're working out the details of the "trade in" program, if you choose to go with new and groovy hardware.

Stay tuned! We're very close ... just got out of a VERY nice Typhoon (thanks Dave!). Did some calibration testing with a 3 BAR sensor and his truck. Minor issues that should be pretty quick to fix.

MAN... just an aside ... I forgot what ANIMALS those things are on a launch! We were looking at the data and it appears we were leaving with ~10psi and getting to 50 MPH in about 3.5 seconds (before we ran out of test block!). I've got the fever! :)

LS1 PCM's are really complicated (as are most new car PCM's)

anywho ... ken get back to work for the 3800 SC Series 2 (L67) so that I can give you more money on products I can never use because my cars are always broken!

Jon;)

:) We're on it! :)

I want the same thing for my "other Buick" (the 98 GS)... Series II L67 Supercharged.

OBDII prototyping is underway ... what a wierd world that is!

The LT5 and LT1 are VERY closely related in the datastreams. We're testing with an LT1 Camaro this weekend.

What year LT5?

We successfully tested with a manual (6 speed) LT1 Z28 last night! PRETTY DARN COOL! :)

Only wierdness we ran into was the connector under the dash was OBDII even though the PCM was OBDI. After I jury rigged a connection, we were up and running fine!

Question on the LT5? Does it have an OBDII (i.e. 16 pin) or OBDI (i.e. 12 pin) connector under the dash?

Question ... how about the F-bodies?

Do the 94 F-bodies also have the OBDII connector?

The Vettes are always a year ahead, from what I've seen, so if the Vettes for 94/95 have the OBDII connector, I'm thinking the F-bodies had the OBDI connector in 94 and OBDII in 95?