You can type here any text you want

turbo power !

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dentmasters01

looking for a turbo with the power (or more) than the old school pt 88 but with faster spool ?? Hit me with some choices !

I would assume you already have a T4 manifold setup, but if not, I would go T6. The PT8847 and GT4788 are pretty much the same, different housings, both are rated for 1400hp and will spool quicker than a PT88. The S400-91 is bigger and spools a bit slower, but makes really good power. I believe you can only get it in a T6 housing.

your assumption is correct. ATR stainless 4 bolt. Thanks for all the info. I'm wondering if smaller twins would be more of a better choice with out all the lag and converter I'd have to run.....?

Since you have the setup already, I would go with a decent size single turbo. A PT8847 would be a pretty good choice. If you arent shooting for 1100whp, you could try something like a Precision 76mm, spool quicker and still make really nice power.

your assumption is correct. ATR stainless 4 bolt. Thanks for all the info. I'm wondering if smaller twins would be more of a better choice with out all the lag and converter I'd have to run.....?

For under 1200hp their seems to be no need for twins. HOw fast you looking for it to spool? I know Tony Gomes's car spools really well and he has the latest tech 88 and just went 144mph in the eighth. so hes upwards of 1500hp Im assuming you are building a BUick. If it has stage 2 heads you will really need to run a loose converter and cam it up or you will have a narrow power band and it will be a pig on the street. Pm me your combo if your using S2 heads. I will have some good feedback on converters since my friend will be installing his new 88 on an s2 headed engine with a fresh spec'd PTC 9.5.

Gt42R-76 and you won;t be sorry.........

33psi or more.........is running it hard for me

Don't think that a GT4276r can keep up with a GT4788 ball bearing. That would be the ticket-upgrade. Probably a turbo you will never upgrade without an engine upgrade.

Back