turbo saver installed with shield pics inside..

Originally posted by TurboJim

Sorry, but the filter I use is a 51049, not 47, and right off their site:

Part Number: 51049
UPC Number: 765809510494
Principal Application: GM Family of Cars (59-67)
All Applications
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 5.178
Outer Diameter Top: 3.660
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 13/16-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: None

Hey Jim, thanks! That's the info I need. The above filter is the WIX equivalent of a PF-24, I believe, with no bypass valve. Do you know if there is a filter with the smaller case with no bypass valve?

Damn Jim, how about being nice next time someone posts something wrong? Most of your posts are directly pointing out someone is incorrect, how about making friends?

Catch more ants with honey.

Your choice

BW

RedregalT from this post total $110.00 including shipping, nice and easy to install i didn't even have to take off the lower radiator hose as he recommended, or the turbo bracket.. :) took me about 40 minute total to do the installation..

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
Damn Jim, how about being nice next time someone posts something wrong? Most of your posts are directly pointing out someone is incorrect, how about making friends?

Catch more ants with honey.

Your choice

BW

Actually, all I did aove is mention a fact. Then was told I was wrong. I then proved myself. I dont tell people theyre wrong unless they are, and try to be nice about it. If I dont know something, I dont write about it, I dont just post misinformation...at least I try not to. Somtimes I am plain wrong, and get corrected too.

When I got my turbosaver, I asked PTE what filters I can use because the filter that came with it was the 51049, which had no bypass built in. They gave me a couple numbers, and I did more research on my own. I am an AC Delco TSS shop so stock a lot of ACD stuff, and a PF1218 is a close second to the Wix number above.

The internal bypass means when theres 8-11psi of resistance thru the media, the valve will open. Cut a filter open and you'll see what I mean

As for making friends... everyone knows I am an azzhole. Those who accept this are already my friends, those who dont move on.... I dont like Ants...I like to weed out the bugs

You may also want to use a magnet on the outside of the oil filter to help keep any debris in the filter so you get it out of the system when changing the oil. Nice installation- id like some close up photos on how you installed this- great idea.

I think Wiked was just confused about with the engine bypass, versus the filter bypass.

PTE turbo saver uses a large filter. This is the small size, like a PF 52.

Jim, I need the smaller size, like a PF52, but with 13/16" X 16 threads. I found a WIX 51042. This filter is the size of a PF 47 but with 13/16" X 16 threads. Can you find the longer size for me in a Delco, or any brand? Most 1975 Buicks with a V6 take the 51042.

Originally posted by 49-blues
You may also want to use a magnet on the outside of the oil filter to help keep any debris in the filter so you get it out of the system when changing the oil. Nice installation- id like some close up photos on how you installed this- great idea.

Attachments

• parts 4 sale 005.jpg
    parts 4 sale 005.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 204
Originally posted by gordyzx9r
Where would one mount this if you didn't want to drill holes in your shield.

As you can see, the oil filter adapter is bolted to the turbo bracket. The lines are made to go to this location. Change mounting location and you need different measurements for the lines. I run mine without a shield, but Wiked went the extra mile so he could run his. Looks great! :D

Attachments

• parts 4 sale 006.jpg
    parts 4 sale 006.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 202