turbo sbc headers

WeSS

I gotz 2 sub woofers
I bought a set of these ebay headers and did some port work on them. Then I had a friend Tig them up for me to reinforce them. I plan on using them soon. Here are a couple pics.

Attachments

• headers 001.jpg
    headers 001.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,539
  • headers 002.jpg
    headers 002.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,354
A close up pic of where I opened up the wastegate hole. They are cheap and you get what you pay for. Had alot of porting to do.

Attachments

• headers 004.jpg
    headers 004.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,366
Wes,
I had a set of the twin turbo F body models I was going to use on my car. The same ones quick 79 uses. I found them to be a very nice header. Yours looks to be made by the same company by the look of the header flange. I didnt use them because of the port size at the header flange. The tubes were 1 5/8s but yet necked down to 1 1/2 inside diameter inside the flange. Is that why you modified yours?

What kinda project are you working on ?

yes

Wes,
I had a set of the twin turbo F body models I was going to use on my car. The same ones quick 79 uses. I found them to be a very nice header. Yours looks to be made by the same company by the look of the header flange. I didnt use them because of the port size at the header flange. The tubes were 1 5/8s but yet necked down to 1 1/2 inside diameter inside the flange. Is that why you modified yours?

What kinda project are you working on ?

for the money I could not complain. Then put a little work in them. Yes that is why I did that. It is going in a turbo sbc g body.

They well worth the money even with a little of work put in them. If my heads would have had the smaller exhaust port I would have used them for sure.

Got any pics of that project. :cool:

turbo sbc

They well worth the money even with a little of work put in them. If my heads would have had the smaller exhaust port I would have used them for sure.

Got any pics of that project. :cool:

once it gets moving I will post up some pics. It is an 88 montecarlo ss with a bunch of nice stuff done to it already. Not going to be a little m or world products race block. All economy stuff and see how far it will take me.

i run the patriot chevy tight tuck stainless headers flip upside down and they work great for 389.00 .my car went 9.35 at 122 lifting at 18 psi.went 122 in the 1/8th on the same pass :)400 small block 3000lb car 91 mm turbo

Wes88 can you post some pics when you get the headers mounted. Is it a driver or passenger side turbo.

headers

Wes88 can you post some pics when you get the headers mounted. Is it a driver or passenger side turbo.

I sold them on ebay a couple months ago. I first posted on here with no luck. :( By the way it was a passenger side mounted turbo. T4 flange.

Headers

I was the one who purchased the headers,

I will post photos as I get closer. I have trial fitted the headers and it was a bit of work to get them on but I expected that since no one offers a bolt on kit for us g body guys.

just a few more parts left and it should be finished.

They will be on my 1988 olds cutlass my combo is a 89 roller cam 350, th400 3,200 stall ,8.5 rear with 3.73,we are going to give e85 a try just need to decide on which carb to get most likley I will giving csu a call here next week and see what they recomend.

Please do post pics when you can. What kind of mod did you have to do to get them to fit? Also do they work with standard acc, a/c, powersteering etc?

Headers

Here is the first photo of the headers installed on the car with the turbo. I will post what I did to get them to fit. I was not much but it did take a little work. I decided aginst the carb and went with megasquirt and tpi.