Turbo Thunder!!!

gnnorthwest

Turbo Buick Shop
Oh yeah! It's time to wake your Buicks up from their winter hibernation and start getting them ready to rock! The 12th annual Turbo Thunder event is scheduled and coming soon! This year, we're having the race at Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA, and we're hoping to see all of our Northwest and West Coast Buick and TTA brethren come join in the fun! We always try to make Turbo Thunder a big party, and this year will be no exception!

In addition to our usual Turbo Pro and Top Turbo bracket classes, we're bringing back the Super Turbo heads-up class this year and keeping it open to ALL makes and models - just so long as it has at least one turbo and runs 9.99 or faster. We're pulling in a lot of sponsors this year, so all of our classes should be backed by pretty nice cash prizes - we want to see some real competition out there!

Location: Pacific Raceways - 31001 144th Ave SE Kent, Washington 98042 - (253) 639-5927
Test and Tune: Friday, July 29th
Racing: Saturday, July 30th

Pricing:
Racers: Weekend Pass: $50
ENTRY FEE FOR TURBO THUNDER IS $20 - 100% OF FEE GOES TO PRIZES

Classes and Restrictions:
SUPER TURBO: Open to any turbocharged vehicle - 9.99 and faster. HEADS UP!
TOP TURBO: Domestic turbocharged vehicles only - 11.49 and faster bracket.
TURBO PRO: Domestic turbocharged vehicles only - 11.50 and slower bracket
Special recognition for Buick cars - Quickest Stock Block (lowest ET overall), Fastest Turbo Buick (highest MPH overall)

WANT TO BE A SPONSOR OF TURBO THUNDER XII, SUPPORT THE TURBO BUICK COMMUNITY, AND GET YOUR LOGO ON A BUNCH OF NIFTY TTXII MERCHANDISE? CONTACT GN NORTHWEST!

If your ganna schedule something this big on my birthday, next time you need to check with me first! LoL!

Is it too early to start talking smack? Do I have to dust my car off to send home the Turboslacker?

Sound like its going to be bigger than ever!

If your ganna schedule something this big on my birthday, next time you need to check with me first! LoL!

Is it too early to start talking smack? Do I have to dust my car off to send home the Turboslacker?

Sound like its going to be bigger than ever!

You're going to need to do way more than dust to waste me PAL! I haven't seen your phantom GN running in years. You mean you're actual going to try to bring something respectable to race finally? Ha, we'll believe it when we see it.

T.t.

I'm in! Might bring my new project if it's done by then, just for show and tell. LC2 powered wagon. This is when I brought it home 6 month ago. Looks just a little different today.;)

Attachments

• 1223001227.jpg
    1223001227.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 686
Dan- I see you found your way to Griots in Tacoma..theres a pic of your car on the website event photo page. Lookin good! -Steve

Dan- I see you found your way to Griots in Tacoma..theres a pic of your car on the website event photo page. Lookin good! -Steve

Cool - didn't know that until you posted. Thanks.

I hit the event with Peter Brock taking about the Shelby years. Very enjoyable event. Can't beat the free coffee and donuts deal while checking out cool cars inside and outside. Top notch venue and business that entices me to spend more on detail goodies than I planned on...so their "free" plan is definitely working:biggrin:

Damn that's a long way to drag the whole gang...

Do they have camping at the track like Woodburn?

Only one month away...let's crank up the excitement!!

Even though I'll be on a family vacation during this time I'll show up Sat anyways L

I am down.. even if I am gonna be a spectator, ill be happy to see some real SFI cars in action;)

Excitement, eh? :)

Well, you KNOW we're getting amped up! Turbo Thunder is like a holiday for us at GN Northwest - we start preparing months in advance, and we have some great cars coming out this year. For those of you thinking about coming - it's not too late to get your car in order! We'll be bringing a certain bad-ass tube chassis car as well as our 125K mile stock motor car (you know - the one that took the title last year? Who's gonna step up? :D). This year might just also mark the debut of our new Syclone - we'll see if we can get her ready in time!

So, let's get a roll call! Who's coming out and what class are you gonna run? Where's our Turbo Pro, Top Turbo, and Super Turbo guys at?? Every car we get in the class is another $20 in the prize pool!

SINISTR will be running in Turbo Pro for the 10th consecutive year...and zero overall win record intact:biggrin:

Good News
I cut the filter apart on my car and its clean:D
Now if the valve lash is good i will be racing my new car at Turbo Thunder this year instead of trying to get my license:rolleyes:This year maybe us Buick V6 guys have a car capable of running with the v8 guys:)

Hey Gene,
Is this strictly a Friday, Saturday meet?
No racing Sunday?
thanks
Jim

More sponsorship on it's way.......... hehehehe ya gotta know I love these guy's....

American Towing

I talked to Geno and I'm sending a sponsor check out today. Glad to help! May the best driver and car take home the cash!!