Turbo Tweak 6.1 for E85 & PowerLogger installed but....issues, Eric can you help?

sakudog

Installed my TT 6.1 & 80lb hour high-Z injectors along w/the Power Logger. Car started right up, idle was rough but the fuel system was also bone dry to swap tank from 93 for E85. It smoothed out and idle was pretty good.! :)

Let it warm up a few times, seemed pretty solid with a slightly rough idle at start up.

Tested PowerLogger, connected and could see my AEM wideband, data in Powerlogger matched what the gauge displayed. 10:1 was the average idle A/F.

Set fuel pressure at 43, reset the chip, started up and let idle until 180 degrees or so. Turned off the car and then restarted it so I could give it 15 minutes of city driving on E85 so the chip could learn.

Went for a test drive, drove fine down the street. Took a right on a larger street and applied more power and I heard a "pop" and it sounded just like a pipe blew off and the car acted just like it was having a tough time understanding the amount of air going into the motor.

Limped it home, pulled back in the garage, all the pipes were on all the way, nothing was loose! Checked the PowerLogger gauges and the only thing that is weird is the MAP is seeing -29.5 hG at ALL times it never moves. With the car running I unplugged the sensor no change. I reset the MAP absolute zero using the CTRL-B command and it set to 0psi. Restarted & the sensor doesn't move plugged in or not. Not sure what the MAP does for the factory computer because the more I read on the PCM layout, it doesn't seem to pay attention to the MAP but that doesn't make sense to me but I'm used to LSX based computers....

I researched what could be causing this last night and I've come up with a few ideas for trouble shooting:

Step 1) Grab a new MAP from AutoZone and test
no resolution
Step 2) Remove PowerLogger and drive the car with just the 6.1 Chip (if this is possible not sure)
no resolution
Step 3) Burn car to the ground
No just kidding but I'm not sure what else to do if those steps don't work....

Please advise :)

Couple of observations:

1. Did you run a wire from the MAP to the powerlogger analog block. Gotta do that before powerlogger will see a MAP/Boost signal.
2. Did you say 10:1 AFR at idle ?? :eek: That's HORRIBLY rich. That pop you heard was very likely a lot of unburned gasoline in the exhaust system suddenly exploding!

Ok...I did not know that I had to run a MAP data source to the power logger!! explains a lot and I can do that with a 3bar instead.

10:1 but I am on 100% E85, i think thats right?

What exact AEM do you have? And what do you have the Powerlogger wideband type set to?

The powerlogger is set to AEM, the data is matching the gauge's display. Is there something I need to change/do to the AEM to make this run right? I can't find any documentation on how to setup for the AEM with your chip just the LC1/LM1, PLX stuff...

AEM gauge type, running the white wire to the #1 power logger input.

from your forum:

"Test drove the car, yikes that wasn't any fun. It struggles to lean out (no idea what is going on with this chip) say at light load moving the A/F up to 11:1, 11.5:1, 12:1 then it dumps fuel in back to 10:1 and almost dies. I limped it back home, same as last night.

Something is clearly off, I'm going to remove the PowerLogger and see if it will run different with just the chip."

I posted a log file there as well.

Also I checked all the injector bungs, they are a solid connection no leaks there.

Ok, carefully pulled out the PowerLogger & restarted and the initial A/F was 14.5:1 for about 20 seconds on first start up then it nose dived into the 10:1 range which is exactly what it did before. I didn't drive it because I don't see the point, removing the PowerLogger didn't change anything so it's not a bad edge connector.

Is there a chance I got the wrong chip or the wrong injectors from you Eric? What else should I be checking/testing? I'm eager to get this resolved but really need your help Eric. I've shot you a PM.

Also, the TT 5.7 chip i removed has 42# marked on it, the 6.1 chip i put in w/the 80# injectors i got from you Eric does not have 80# marked anywhere on it just 22 degrees and 23# for boost ( i assume). Has the marking layout changed?

Also, the TT 5.7 chip i removed has 42# marked on it, the 6.1 chip i put in w/the 80# injectors i got from you Eric does not have 80# marked anywhere on it just 22 degrees and 23# for boost ( i assume). Has the marking layout changed?

If the car was running fine before, was there anything else you changed besides the injectors/chip/powerlogger?

I can send another chip Tuesday, just in case something was corrupted on that one. Do you have the ability to email me a picture of the chip label?[/QUOTE]

Eric,

The only thing I "meant" to change was adding the injectors & changing the chip + powerlogger. Now, I am not sure if this matters but the car does have a "TurboMeter" ALDL serial port, I don't see how that would suddenly be an issue, I don't have anything connected to that port or anything silly like that.

I stand corrected, the chip is actually labeled exactly right "TT 6.1 8201 80# E85 23/22" sorry.

So the log looks strange? Interestingly, I unplugged the MAF and started the car after I reset the computer and the car does the exact same thing w/a SES light. Starts at 15:1 or so then quickly nose dives to 10:1 A/F on the AEM. I've double checked everything again, MAF is connected correctly and facing the right direction.

With the engine idling I put my fingers on the injector heads and they are all clicking so I don't "Think" there is one stuck open but at this point maybe I should check to see if one of them is just dumping fuel wide open into the motor??

For grins, I slapped the 5.7 chip into the car and low and behold it did the EXACT same thing. Maybe a bad injector??

I'm open to suggestions at this point!

MAF was bad & Eric is a stud!!! I am SOOOO glad I bought TurboTweak for my car, Saturday Labor Day weekend tech support FTW!!!

Glad to see you got your car up an running good. Stuff like this makes me happy that there are awesome people out there in the world.