TurboBuick.Com 10.49 Index finals at Quaker City 6.14.19

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
Patrick Broughton (SLOGN) and myself running for the finals in the 10.49 index class sponsored by TurboBuick.Com. Thanks SGRIM!!

Last edited:
Very nice. Looks like it was a close race! Congrats to both of you making it to the finals.
Looks like both cars are dialed in and dialed back for the index.

Very nice. Looks like it was a close race! Congrats to both of you making it to the finals.
Looks like both cars are dialed in and dialed back for the index.

Thanks!! I just wish more Buick folks would learn to race the index class... It is alot easier to have fun instead of running the car all in we were able to turn the cars down to around 22psi and not worry about breaking something... Very competitive class and definitely a drivers race plus you don't have to have an unlimited budget to enjoy racing IMHO... For those that want to be the fastest there are heads-up classes to accommodate them, for those who don't want to worry about having to make the rules within the class then this is for them.. There was also an 11.49 class as well. I inquired to have both classes this year in BG on Friday as to not interfere with Saturday racing and was told no....

Last edited:
Thanks!! I just wish more Buick folks would learn to race the index class... It is alot easier to have fun instead of running the car all in we were able to turn the cars down to around 22psi and not worry about breaking something... Very competitive class and definitely a drivers race plus you don't have to have an unlimited budget to enjoy racing IMHO...
Agree!
IMO, The fun in racing is not always about going all out. People often quit racing because breaking stuff can get old. Index racing makes it much more enjoyable. Congrats!

Great run Clint. I thought Pat had you but you had the better second half. Too bad BG person didn't agree with your inquiry.

Great run Clint. I thought Pat had you but you had the better second half. Too bad BG person didn't agree with your inquiry.

Actually he did have me on the 2nd half but he lifted too early..... Yeah when old school minds are resistant to change and improvements thats what happens unfortunately....

Yeah when old school minds are resistant to change and improvements thats what happens unfortunately....

yup thats me all the way. run what ya brung an hope ya brung enuff :eek:... Brackets... give me a break :rolleyes: all the smack talking I guess is just that..TALKIN. Let the old car do the talkin. :cool:

Looked like fun and a very nice track. I agree 100% that the bracket type races are way more fun and you don’t have to beat on the car. My local 1/8 mile track often will have a “turtle shootout” at the end of the night which is a 7.49 class and you pay 30 to buy in.

I might have to hop in the index racing at the 2020 tbnats (got to speak it into existence lol)

Looked like fun and a very nice track. I agree 100% that the bracket type races are way more fun and you don’t have to beat on the car. My local 1/8 mile track often will have a “turtle shootout” at the end of the night which is a 7.49 class and you pay 30 to buy in.

I might have to hop in the index racing at the 2020 tbnats (got to speak it into existence lol)
I tried to get BG to let me run a 10.49 and 11.49 index this year.... We could do it on Friday and not interfere with any Saturday racing, Makes sense right??? Was told Nope, not gonna happen.....

I tried to get BG to let me run a 10.49 and 11.49 index this year.... We could do it on Friday and not interfere with any Saturday racing, Makes sense right??? Was told Nope, not gonna happen.....
Any idea why?

For what ever reason the carshow takes precedence over all else, plus they would have to pay additional for EMTs when the track is running.... Otherwise I have no clue... You would think thinking outside the box a little may help, but it seems the lid is glued shut

And they wonder why attendance keeps dwindling down.
Not towing a 2800 mile round trip for a car show. That's for damn sure. Lol.

We wouldn't drag a car 2200 miles for a bracket race :eek: The GS nats does have bracket racing in the program.
Lol. Understand. Many of us will never be as fast as you have been, while others have no desire to do so. That's why both make sense, IF the goal is to increase participation.

I totally understand. We ran mid 11s till 2005/6. Thats all we wanted to do. Nothing wrong with that. To each their own. Faster cars don't always win. **** happeneds. Getting more in the class is tuff with the changing ideas from new guys . As these cars go up in value racing is not goin to happen. Lots will be the show an shiners. Watched this happen in the Shelby/Cobras and Corvettes. Use to have 3 or 4 drag days . It was a blast. Cars started to climb $$$ wise and it ended.

.... I know in BG they had a lot $$$$$ for the alky class. EVERYONE won something !!