You can type here any text you want

Turbocharged Lexus GS300

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wahoo50

Too many toys. Will be offering my like new 1998 GS300 Lexus (less than 40/k miles) to someone who may be ready for more quiet and comfort than the GN offers. Car is beautiful light gold color with all luxuries. Modifications include;

3.0 litre 6 cyl. with Supra head gasket
550lb. injectors
Walbro intank fuel pump with return line
MSD piggyback ignition w/MSD coils & adapters
GT35R DBB Water cooled Garrett Turbo
Sound Performance FMIC w/BOV
Haltech Fuel Management system w/computer
TRD Springs, Shocks & Antisway bars
TRD locking rear Differential
Peter Farrell Supercars modified Trans. w/LU factory converter
All engine modifications by Sound Performance-Chicago
Quiet factory exhaust, real sleeper.
Car is dropped 1" in rear, 1.5" in front
Has 18" SSR wheels w/new tires.
Engine makes a lot of power, a thrill to drive.

Your wife would love this car while giving you something with HP.

Price-$20/k

How many miles on the car and how many since the mods? I'd be all over that if it was black, gold just isn't my thing but I'm still interested.

At last count I had 13 vehicles. My wife drives a GS400 which is just like the GS300 only has a V8, I drive an Escalade EXT, my son has been driving a supercharged Chevy pickup, my horsepower car is a Stage II GN........... my favorite to drive is a Jeep Cherokee. Plan to add some boost to it soon. Air is thin is South Al.

Anyone familiar with cars could tell very quickly the miles are correct. Was told the GS300 is making 447 RWHP. Not the fastest out there but sure is a lot of fun & has surprised a few.

Has no cats, otherwise all stock pipes. I believe there's more hp in a good 3" exhaust system. You don't hear exhaust but sure can hear the turbo.

Also has a crank trigger and Wideband O2. Considering the way I drive, I usually will get 20 mpg on a tank of 93.

Car has three negatives: small dent at front of hood, small bent area on front wheel where I hit a hole in the interstate & am having a problem with the fuel gauge not dropping as fuel is used up.

I'm not downing your vehicle dude, I have no doubt that it is accurate. I'm just commenting that it is an extremely low milage for a car of that vintage. I don't think its in the cards for me but I'll be nice to see someone pick it up. I think I need something with more space such as a wagon or truck.

Lexus

I wish my 98 GS300 had that turbo setup.This is one of my favorite cars I have ever had!!!Looks great handles great and has an amazing ride.And with an extra 150hp would make it that much nicer.Mine has over 110k and has never,ever given me a problem.The only costs I had were the 90,000 mile service,timing belt,tranny service and every fluid was changed.And brakes also lasted 50,000 miles.I would buy that car in a second if I did not already own one.Good luck with the sale.

Price-$20/k

You're right... she would (and she doesn't have to know that the turbo isn't stock:biggrin: )
I'd love to show here some pics of this thing and maybe come down and drive it next weekend.

Can you email me some pics to rides@charter.net I'd like to see the interior too... just curious what options/colors it has etc.

Pictures can be seen by going up to the link posted by Dusty Bradford Feb. 13th.

Just drove the car to the Brentwood area to visit my children, would have been a good opportunity for you to see the car.

Might not fool your wife with this car. Although is has factory exhaust and is extremely quiet, the trans. has been beefed up to handle the hp and it shifts very firmly.

I will e-mail the photos if you can't open the link above.

Yeah, I was hoping you might have more detailed pics and a few more angles of the car.

I was kidding about fooling the wife... she knows cars and she would definitely know they didn't make a factory Turbo GS.
She used to drive a modded 01 IS300, so I was thinking the GS would be the next logical step for her.
If you can take some more current pics of it and email them, I might try to get down there next weekend.

Too many toys. Will be offering my like new 1998 GS300 Lexus (less than 40/k miles) to someone who may be ready for more quiet and comfort than the GN offers. Car is beautiful light gold color with all luxuries. Modifications include;

3.0 litre 6 cyl. with Supra head gasket
550lb. injectors
Walbro intank fuel pump with return line
MSD piggyback ignition w/MSD coils & adapters
GT35R DBB Water cooled Garrett Turbo
Sound Performance FMIC w/BOV
Haltech Fuel Management system w/computer
TRD Springs, Shocks & Antisway bars
TRD locking rear Differential
Peter Farrell Supercars modified Trans. w/LU factory converter
All engine modifications by Sound Performance-Chicago
Quiet factory exhaust, real sleeper.
Car is dropped 1" in rear, 1.5" in front
Has 18" SSR wheels w/new tires.
Engine makes a lot of power, a thrill to drive.

Price-$20/k

please read my PM, thanks

Wow. For a second I thought I knew the car! There's a guy over on the pt.com board (Streetking) who owns a Texas dealership and he had or has a Lexus GS400 which was a factory stick car but is now a 6cyl./6 speed from a Turbo Supra with the Supra rearend as well! It's black with tan leather interior though. Nice car...yours is pretty well done also. Is there a kit for these or is it just a straightforward swap? Toyota builds Lexus so the swap is logical.

Back