Turbonetics stage 1 ?

85tr

The new turbonetics cheetah stage one is a 60-1 compressor and there f1-57 turbine wheel. I was wondering if anyone has run this turbo and how it would compare to a precision 5857. Thanks.

The new turbonetics cheetah stage one is a 60-1 compressor and there f1-57 turbine wheel. I was wondering if anyone has run this turbo and how it would compare to a precision 5857. Thanks.
I ran that turbo back in 2008 and I really liked it It was a little laggy compared to the TA49 that it replaced but it pulled real hard. I would buy it again,cant say how it would compare to a 5857

Last edited:
Thanks for the input , how did it feel power wise to the ta49 and did you ever make any passes with it ?

I've built a couple of similar with 57f1 turbines I had laying around. The spool is very similar to a stage 3 with the same wheels assuming the same ex housing was used on both. The 60-1, mfs 59, or cea 58 all will outflow the turbine and need larger turbines to get the potential out of them. It's really hard to beat the t04e60/stage 3 combo for a well matched set of wheels (te44/ta49) if you're running them hard between 50 and 55lbs/min. Fwiw the precision 5857 and the turbonetics 57 f1 are the same turbine. Precision used a .250" shaft and Turbonetics used a .3625" shaft typically.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

The Turbonetics .63 exhaust housing is larger in physical size than the Garrett .63 housing much like the Precision housing is.Thats probably why is was a litte slowwer to spool than my TA49 which had the Garrett housing, but it did pull harder up top at least it felt like it did I dont have any numbers to back up my claim..But it is a good turbo for the money I ran mine for quite a few years before selling it and had normal play in the journals but no thrust play at all.

I'll probably go 5857 if I can't find a used 44/49. If bison says that all three compressors will outflow there turbines then I might as well go with the slightly smaller compressor.

They make a pt-5862 also that's worth looking at..

Ok one more question is the f1-57 turbine that much better than the t31 that is used in the 5831 ? There is a 300$ difference between the 5831 and the 5857 and it seems this is the only difference.

Ok one more question is the f1-57 turbine that much better than the t31 that is used in the 5831 ? There is a 300$ difference between the 5831 and the 5857 and it seems this is the only difference.
If it's a cea 58 it's going to be more. The compressor wheels are point milled and more expensive. A 5831 is a 5857. The best bang for the buck for a stock head stock intercooler with a 58 mm compressor will probably always be the t04e60/t31 stage 3 wheels with a garrett .63 ex housing. It supports 40% more mass flow than stock yet only needs a little more converter to get it going.

BPE2013@hotmail.com