Turbonetics Super 76 turbo

Brad, just give me a heads up when he is going so I can get the body armor on the wife and kids and put them safely in the bathtub in the basement.

Brad, just give me a heads up when he is going so I can get the body armor on the wife and kids and put them safely in the bathtub in the basement.

When a Stage 1 engine explodes at 35 lbs of boost it sends off an EMP. Electro Magnetic Pulse. It shuts down anything electrical within it's blast radius. I doubt if I'll be able to get through to you on my cell. The only thing I can recommend is to keep an eye out for a mushroom cloud.

:confused:

Dang Norbs. Just how much nitrous are you going to be using?

No nitrous with the advanced spool up methods i am using. Too bad others in the buick community are not interested in making there turbo's spool like a stocker. But I;m sure you have picked up on it. :rolleyes:

No nitrous with the advanced spool up methods i am using. Too bad others in the buick community are not interested in making there turbo's spool like a stocker. But I;m sure you have picked up on it. :rolleyes:
Well, it still harder with just 224 cubes.

Man, I don't want to fab up more stuff on this biatch. If I didn't already have the killer nitrous system, I would definitely be making myself one of those. I would incorporate it into my T4/T6 adapter flange.

LOL

Nahh. I think it's great technology. I can't wait to hear about the results.
Just don't get that big monster turbo spooling up too quick. Don't want your engine looking like some blow fish popping out of the hood while the car rears up onto the bumper.:eek: :tongue:

Mike,

If you're talking about this turbo, the specs look like just a 76GTS. (S-trim F1 wheel). Maybe Jack can chime in as he's a turbonetics dealer.

The 76GTS from PTE rated a 1100hp. and the Gt4276 at 1200hp. I think both figures are slightly high.

I swore that supra guys were making 1000+ to the wheels with the GT42's 74mm version.

From what I understand, the 76GTS has the exact same compressor and turbine wheels as the gt-42/76, it's just that the gt42/76 has a larger housing.

It's not a Buick, but I can tell you I went 155mph @ 3200# with a very mild 347cid Ford using only 6400rpms. We kept the motor mild and the RPM down to keep the consumption down and keep the turbo in a decent spot on the compressor map. I can see it working great on a Buick.

The gts turbine wheel is the same as the gt42 but it is clipped to fit in the precision turbine housing. This reduces efficiency a bit. The gt42 uses a larger housings on both sides, and thats why it makes more power.