You can type here any text you want

TurboTweak chip & Translator+... tuning?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
I'm running a TT alchy chip & a Trans+, so when tuning which one should I make adjustments with or does it even matter?

The Darkside

Both will work, and it depends on what effect you want. If you add timing with the chip, it will add it mainly at full boost, which will reduce the chances of transitional knock as the boost comes up.

Eric, Right now, My BLM's are around 124 @ idle with the FP set at 41. I noticed the o2's were getting down to around 740 @ 95mph & I was afraid it may lean out if I push it much faster, so I was going to leave the FP where it's at & just add a little WOT fuel either through the Trans+ or in your chip. What's your thoughts...?

Thanks, The Darkside

Eric, Right now, My BLM's are around 124 @ idle with the FP set at 41. I noticed the o2's were getting down to around 740 @ 95mph & I was afraid it may lean out if I push it much faster, so I was going to leave the FP where it's at & just add a little WOT fuel either through the Trans+ or in your chip. What's your thoughts...?

Thanks, The Darkside

You'll need to add the fuel via the chip. Since you're running a TT chip the Translator's WOT fuel adjustment wont have an appreciable affect.

But the main question is, unless you have a verifyable input like a WBO2 you really don't know whether 740 O2's are lean or not.

Example: My WOT O2's read in the 740's, and even dip lower. However, my WBO2 is reading 11.40 A/Fratio at the time, which is my desired ratio (since I don't run alky, this is a good setting for mine)

My point is, just going by NBO2, isn't the most reliable source to be using, especially if you're trying to "milk out" everybit of power you can.

You're right Dave, I really don't know for sure if 740 is getting too lean or not going by a narrowBand O2... Maybe if I check what the egt's temps are at around that point it'll help to determine if I'm leaning out or not..

(I think I need to buy a WBO2 soon)

The Darkside

You'll need to add the fuel via the chip. Since you're running a TT chip the Translator's WOT fuel adjustment wont have an appreciable affect.

But the main question is, unless you have a verifyable input like a WBO2 you really don't know whether 740 O2's are lean or not.

Example: My WOT O2's read in the 740's, and even dip lower. However, my WBO2 is reading 11.40 A/Fratio at the time, which is my desired ratio (since I don't run alky, this is a good setting for mine)

My point is, just going by NBO2, isn't the most reliable source to be using, especially if you're trying to "milk out" everybit of power you can.

Question:

If you have a scantool that records and you can see your 02's through a whole run does it still mean because the it's narrow band the info could be useless????

Question:

If you have a scantool that records and you can see your 02's through a whole run does it still mean because the it's narrow band the info could be useless????

No, not useless just not as accurate as a WB in comparison.

Back