Twilight Sentinal

Tricked-T

Was looking to install the Twilight Sent. option on my GN and was wondering how hard this process is, is it worth it? Where can you pick up a unit other than the junk yard??

-Lee

A light sensor (top center of the dash) triggers the headlights to go on and off automatically based on ambient light.

Pretty standard on today's cars, but a step up option back in the day.

You better check to make sure you have the wire harness already on your car. I know Turbo Regal Web Site says its a plug and play but a few people have stated that thier cars didn't have the wire harness connectors from the factory. I know if the car has factory anti-theft the wire is there. Its probally also there if you have a Limited seeing as that model is usually loaded up with options.

GBodyParts.com Online carries some if not all of the parts. A few pieces are discontinued and hard to come by.

Ok so I was out at the junk yard getting a cruise unit for my Lesabre T-type, when I came across a Parke ave (same as a lesabre) And noticed it was loaded with every option, some I have never seen before. Well to get to the point it had twilight sentinal. I took the sensor on he dash, the roller switch and a white box plus the wiring. My question is: Will this work on a GN, does anyone have pics of the stuff neeeded? Where does the sensor mount???

-Lee

I've had many of those dashes apart. The only part that wont work on the Regal is the roller switch. It has different mounting tabs and terminal spacing. The terminal end of the light sensor is different too. Just clip the dash harness end with the sensor and splice it onto your harness. Make sure you snag everything for it. The control module sits above the glove box by the seat belt chime IIRC. If it's a 85-89 model also grab that chime alarm. It will also work on a Regal. Its a great upgrade while you have the dash apart on the TR.The one part you'll be missing is the light sensor grille. If you get creative you can make the Park Ave one work.

I snaged a box that all of the wires (sensor, roller) went to. it was a white box that said twilight sentinal. It was bolted in the center of the dash framing at the bottom front. I will post pics and hopefully you guys can tell be if it will work for my GN. Also how would the sensor grille work from a PA on a GN??

The white plastic box or control module is the same part that was used on the Regal. Here's a couple of pics of the sensor grille for a Regal. The P/A part is a flat piece of plastic with no grate over it because it sits behind the defroster grille. You'd probally would want to keep it covered or out of direct sunlight anyway. There is a foam seal that goes between the sensor grille and the top speaker grille on the Regal. Its in the picture. It just holds every thing tight. You might keep searching the boneyards for that. It was used on all of the full sized Buicks of the early 80's like the Electra/Park Ave and Riviera.

Attachments

• Twilight-1.jpg
    Twilight-1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Twilight-2.jpg
    Twilight-2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 81