You can type here any text you want

twins on little 3.8 ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
As I recall one of the deal-breakers for X was not being able to get the header around the A/C compressor without binding up the steering column. Boost isn't much good if you can't steer :-).

Does anyone make twin turbo headers for a 109 motor? Or are they all custom jobs? I've been knocking this idea around due to the fact that I'm gonna have to move my turbo for clearance in the '36. I have plenty of space vertically but none horizontally. Since performance isn't my only concern, twins sure would LOOK better!

Originally posted by ijames
As I recall one of the deal-breakers for X was not being able to get the header around the A/C compressor without binding up the steering column. Boost isn't much good if you can't steer :-).

I remember this problem well. The first time I opened the car up it started to walk sideways. I tried to correct and the steering was locked. I installed strap on the Left side and problem was gone. I think my engine was the only one that did not chuck a rod. I kept killing forward drums in the tranny as there was no billet parts at that time. Last time I seen the Poject X headers they were in the back of Tonys PU truck rusting away. I really loved that setup the time it was on my car. 2 stock turbos spool very fast and make good power.

Originally posted by Turbo-Archie
Yours would require a custom job even if they did make them.

What about using the headers from a hooker kit and weld flanges on the end of the collector. You would have to flip the headers around to face forward.

Also I think RJC has header flanges to make your own headers.

http://www.rjcracing.com/RJC_Buick_Products/Header/header.html

Thanks, Archie. Not sure if I'll go this route but it's an avenue I'm researching. Anyone got pics of the Hooker Headers so I can get a better idea what Archie's talkin' about?

:rolleyes: I my opinion, and my" experience" that I have had with building twin turbo cars they are great. Better than one big one! 3.8, ported iron heads, 3200 stall, two 60's, and A/C! Been there, and done that. If you are serious. you can e-mail me at ttypetwinturbo@hotmail.com

Back